2 bugs I found while messing around with develop 2820

Summary:

1. No one seems to want to mine, no matter how many save/loading or removing and adding mining zone Ive done.

2. Whenever I sell something to a merchant, no gold appears.

Steps to reproduce:
Sorry if its not much to go by, Im just not sure what happened in the first place.

Expected Results:
Hearthling would go and mine, and gold would appear near the Town Flag when things are sold.

Actual Results:
As stated.

Version Number and Mods in use:
develop 2820 (x64), no mods.

how big of mining zones are you making? i find that the hearthlings AI have a hard time figuring out how to mine anything larger then 20x20

[quote=“Eruntien, post:1, topic:19817”]
Whenever I sell something to a merchant, no gold appears.
[/quote]does it not appear even after exiting the shop? the way shops work is that nothing will be taken/given until you exit the shop window.

Small, big, they just ignore anything. Even if they dont have to climb ladders to get there.

And no, no gold at all.

hmm… thats strange

also, are you sure you’re playing on 2820, and not the new A14 519 release?

edit: the issue with the gold could be the new feature/fix in the 2820 release,

not sure about the mining issue though

Yup, thats what it said on the main menu.

The gold bug might be my mistake, and Ive just missed them picking it up.
The mining thing is a bit more annoying since I cant progress without stone.

edit: ohhhh, I missed that little update. That might be it then.

could you perhaps provide a screenshot of the area you’re trying to mine? might help me understand the situation a little better.
also, i would suggest updating to the 519 build, as a lot of bugs have been fixed since 2820.

1 Like

Yup yup, Ill update the moment Ill get the chance.

Ill put some screens a bit later, thanks for the help!

edit: ok Im not sure what happened, but Ive found a guy somehow dug a hole and was stuck in it. I got him out using Mine Block instead of Mine Tunnel, and then suddenly everyone started mining again. o.O

1 Like

[quote=“Eruntien, post:7, topic:19817”]
k Im not sure what happened, but Ive found a guy somehow dug a hole and was stuck in it. I got him out using Mine Block instead of Mine Tunnel, and then suddenly everyone started mining again. o.O
[/quote]hmm… it might have to do with the guy stuck in the hole having “claimed” the first blocks to the mining, thus making it so no one else was able to mine it out until he did.

whatever the case may be, im glad to hear its working for you, i’m going to move this outta bug reports now.

1 Like

Ive found 2 more bugs/features that maybe been fixed already, but Ill ask anyway:

For some reason one of my footmen refuses to wear the best helmet, Steel Helmet. He has an Iron Coif and just refuses to pick up anything else.

Secondly, Im unsure what to do with rotten food. My food is inside a container, and it just spoils, and the hearthlings dont clear it out. :x

Thanks!

edit: well Ive noticed the spoiled food disappears after a while so Im guessing thats the only way to deal with it, just wait.

there is indeed some bugs with the helmets and such at the moment, however they should be fixed in the next release.

[quote=“Eruntien, post:9, topic:19817”]
Im unsure what to do with rotten food. My food is inside a container, and it just spoils, and the hearthlings dont clear it out. :x
[/quote]hmm… it always used to be that it just rotted away, but i think that should have changed with A14… havent had a chance to test it out myself so i cant really say much for that :confounded:

1 Like

My food still “rots away”, pretty sure the only A14 change was to make one item (rotten food) instead of a rotten item for every perishable food type.

1 Like

oh, i thought there was some sort of new option to manually destroy it or something… guess im going crazy…

1 Like

So did I…but I haven’t found it yet!

1 Like

Hah well thanks a bunch for the help guys. Hang in there :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes