[MOD] Smart Crafter

Hello all!

This mod will make your crafting life somewhat easier. Basically what it does is to make your crafters think a bit by themselves and craft all the necessary ingredients (if able, of course) to get that one item you want. For example, when wanting to craft a weapon, your blacksmith will first of all make all the ingots necessary for that weapon, before crafting the weapon itself.

Your crafters also communicate with each other. So when a carpenter needs a bolt of cloth, a weaver will make one.

Demonstration:

Download links

Smart crafter mod (Dropbox)
Smart crafter mod (Google drive)
GitHub repository

Also available on Steam Workshop.

Happy crafting!

66 Likes

thats going to be really helpful for the blacksmith and weaver

4 Likes

This is really great. Good work :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you guys approve! :blush:

Yeah @Gridnick that was the main idea. I didnā€™t mind much when it was only the weaver, but the blacksmith had so many ingot recipes and with weapons and armor that needed those, I felt that something like this would make it all so much easier.

Of course, it will work for every crafter in the game (not just those two), even for those that come from mods. :wink:

7 Likes

This is one of the most wanted mods we ever had :smile:
Good job!

7 Likes

Although the idea is nice, you really shouldnā€™t override lua files that way.

3 Likes

Yes, I completely agree. And Iā€™m gonna change it so it wonā€™t do that, I just wanted to get the core logic for adding new recipes in first. The real challenge will be to make it able to detect when new items gets added to the crafting list, without losing any of the current features.

Brilliant job! Looking forward to giving it a whirl later on. =)

1 Like

little issue: 10 bolt of cloth = 29 spool of thread? not 30 :wink: i will test it with the rest

1 Like

Itā€™ll be 29 if you have 1 thread already in your inventory.

But if you didnā€™t have one already then something is wrongā€¦

ok recheck i have a spool ^^ but i dont know from where - workshop fresh build ^^but i get some lua errors when i try to make the higher qual ^^

Iā€™ll try and repro this, though I think weā€™re the problem is coming from.

Thanks for testing it out!

i have to thank you for you work!

just for info i have also the mod from froggy active (cookmod)

wowļ¼ļ¼ļ¼Very good, but the download link is not good, why? There are other download link?

the downloadlinks works perfect? its only dropbox?

The link shouldnā€™t give any problem, but you can try the link over here (I added the link in the OP). Let me know if you still have any problems. :smile:

@Wiese2007, Iā€™m trying a fix for the problem. I think itā€™s slightly connected to cookmod but not something thatā€™s colliding, more of me being lazy when coding. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But for the workerā€™s winter outfit, I didnā€™t get any errors when trying to craft it, everything works as intended, with or without the cookmod.

Anyway, Iā€™ll update the mod later today and see if itā€™s fixed for you then.

1 Like

Does this work with building projects and/or is there a feasible way to get it to do so? That is, place a building design, order it to build, and the carpenter will get making all the furniture?

nope this should work NOW ^^ - i didnt see any code for this ^^

For now it doesnā€™t. And I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do that either since I donā€™t want to remove too much interaction with the crafters. But weā€™ll what could happen in the future.

1 Like

perhaps they use your idea for later in the game :wink: as an Ability Smart Crafter xD