Game stops saving at "Saving...."

Twice now on release 287 x 64 my game stops saving but “Saving…” stays on the screen. Hitting Esc, bring up the save/load/options menu, but nothing is select-able. Can’t save, load OR exit game. With “Saving…” still stuck on the screen.

Can no longer manipulate anything on screen, but heartlings are still going about their business.

Must ‘X’ out of window to kill game.

2 Likes

is this with the “auto-save” or “normal” save? as ive had it happen with the “normal” save function, it still saves the game but dose require you to restart stonehearth, it can get quite annoying :confused:

1 Like

It’s when Auto-Saving. The game will be running for a bit, then I look over and it’s just saying “Saving…” and can no longer be ‘played’. Had a bunch of goblins come in and chase my folks all over the place, but could do nothing for them. Had to force close the game.

Note: Saw there was an update last night, so this may be fixed already.

When my game tries to save my left mouse button seems to be disabled, while I can still move around the map with right click and space bar, and the people in my town still move and go on with their lives.

Yarikanarie8

firstly, welcome to the discourse :smile:

secondly, is it like this one,

Oh yeah, I can see, sorry for that :smile:. And it fixed itself after the 2nd time it happened. It saves normally now even with autosave. Thank you for the response and welcome by the way :blush:.

okay, @Relyss @SteveAdamo could you merge them please :blush:

Hello, I am currently having what seems to be the same issue. It occurs during auto saves as well as prompted saves. There is about a 50% success rate with either save. the only way i have found to fix it is to close out of the program, however my issue is a bit different, the save does not go threw at all. I have a screenshot of the error message however, I am new so I cannot post it.

welcome to the discourse @Dontloveme

well if there was an error message this may not be the same…

[quote=“Dontloveme, post:8, topic:12297”]
however, I am new so I cannot post it.
[/quote]if you could upload it to imgur.com or some such place, then @SteveAdamo would be able to embed it directly for you :smile:

1 Like

Error message screenshot

I’m having problems with the Saving… message as well. It happens when I try to normal save the game, but it never does so. I have restarted the game multiple times, and even tried new maps but normally I can’t save past day 2…

I’ve taken a suggestion from a past thread and deleted my saved_games file on the assumption that something was corrupted, but that didn’t work.

If anyone experienced what I have and discovered a fix, please share with me. Thanks

I mentioned this in another thread, but I’m posting it for added visibility.

I’m having problems with the Saving… message as well. It happens when I try to normal save the game, but it never does so. I have restarted the game multiple times, and even tried new maps but normally I can’t save past day 2.

I’ve taken a suggestion from a past thread and deleted my saved_games file on the assumption that something was corrupted, but that didn’t work.

If anyone experienced what I have and discovered a fix, please share with me. Thanks

hello there @DBDiggity welcome to the discourse,

seeing as your new i guess you wouldnt know this, but could you try and not make a new thread if there is already one for the bug/topic your making it for. just to avoid clutter and such.

i just merged it for you.

Ah, sorry about the mix-up, and thanks for the reply. I tried the fixes that I’ve seen around the forums but nothing seemed to work. Thought the best thing to do was make a thread and hope someone has something that might work. I’ll just waiting around and see if anyone else comments

so after it gets stuck does F5 work? because F5 resets the UI, so it might clear up this bug.

F5 allows me to interact with everything again, but it doesn’t save the game. Nor does it allow me to save again (the Saving… message flashes for less than a second). At least it’s better than nothing. I’ll try to play out 2-3 days to see if the issue is time related; at least with the UI reset I won’t lose everything if it the bug persists

When a save is attempted it just says “saving…” for a few hours and it still doesn’t save. If I turn “autosave” on and don’t say, whenever the auto save kicks in nothing becomes clickable and its like as if the game wasn’t responding, but it is. It seems every way I try to save just messes up the game.

+1, exactly whats happening to me

1 Like

What I’ve tried (and has been working so far) is to save as soon as the time changes from night to day, or day to night. Also I set it to run as an administrator (just in case it was a permissions problem)

thanks for the info @DBDiggity i will make sure to tell anyone else who asks/reports about this problem :smile: