Easy Mode difficult

So, if you find that normal mode sometimes is a little hard, or you just want some kind of peaceful game without making military useless, this is the right mod for you!

Download:

:arrow_right: Steam Workshop :: Easy Mode Difficulty

If you can't use Steam, then (and only then) click here for a manual installation

easy_mode.smod
:warning: Place the downloaded file in your stonehearth/mods folder.

What it does:

• Adds Easy Mode difficult choice.
  • Decrease frequency of enemies by 50%.
  • Auto-buff for enemies that makes then deal half damage, have half defense and less health.
  • Doubles spawn requirements for ambient threads. (for example, instead of entlings requiring 20 of military score to spawn, it will require 40)

23 Likes

this is something that should be added into the actual game, good job on your work!

4 Likes

awesome mod @BrunoSupremo! i’ll have to use this in my next playthrough, as while i like combat, i find i focus to much on it rather than building, so having combat be a bit easier will hopefully help me focus more on building :smile:

and i definitely agree with @Yosmo78, having an official easy mode would be good for people who haven’t played before and just want to learn how the game works, kind of like how ascendancy are more of a beginner race than Rayya’s children.

4 Likes

Oh for joy! my hero! DL now :slight_smile: Just drop the zip into the mods folder Yes?

Unzip it first, then put the easy_mode.smod file there

I would really like to know how you made the mode selectable. I spent an hour trying to do that.

"mixintos" :  {
	"stonehearth:game_mode:index": "file(data/game_mode/index.json)"
}

This will add the contents of your index to the game’s index.

That file should contain:

"game_modes": {
  "your_difficult": "your_mod_name:game_mode:your_difficult"
}

Sorry, what file do I put

“mixintos” : {
“stonehearth:game_mode:index”: “file(data/game_mode/index.json)”
}

In? And how do I edit the image, title, and description of my new game mode? thanks for the help!!

In your manifest file.
The image, name etc… are details that go in your data/game_mode/easy/easy.json

You can download my mod and check it on how I did.

1 Like

Ok, thanks! I am quite new to modding as I have made only two mods, one for stonehearth, and one for factorio. Thank you for helping!

Looks like something has to be changed for the A20:

https://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/heartlings-dont-stop-eating/27928

I get the error as well. I used only this mod. It seems to happen when I receive a new person.

I’ll load your mod now and test it again.

New Errormessage:

release-695 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:589: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘target_happiness’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:589: in function ‘_calculate_target_happiness’
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:532: in function ‘_update’
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:165: in function 'add_thought’
stonehearth/ai/observers/open_space_observer.lua:59: in function 'post_activate’
radiant/modules/common.lua:518: in function ‘create_controller’
…ehearth/components/observers/observers_component.lua:59: in function ‘_create_observer_controller’
…ehearth/components/observers/observers_component.lua:70: in function 'add_observer’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_injector.lua:68: in function '_inject_observers’
stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_injector.lua:51: in function 'instance’
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:251>

The error continues!

Mod Updated!

There was indeed some new code into the game related to happiness. Basically, all game modes now need a happiness start level. At normal difficult, they start at 50 (middle), at hard they start with just 40. There is also the need to tell the game if they need to think about combat or not. The only case where they would not is when playing peaceful, this was also missing in the mod.

Download:
At the first post

4 Likes

As soon as I’m back home I’ll test it.

Edit:
Perfect! Now it runs!

I recently downloaded this mod, and every time I go to start a new game it crashes. The crash seems to consistently occur right after I click begin on the screen where you pick your hearthlings and tools/starting gear. Anyone else experienced this? Hopefully it’s not serious, I’m excited to try this mod out! :slight_smile:

Ugh, my apologies. I tried it again this morning and it did indeed work. Not sure what i was doing wrong before. Sorry about that! :frowning:

Hi there,

I dl’d and tried this mod and was having a great time… however, I saved and tried to come back to the game and I couldn’t load my save (nor the autosave) without a CTD. I tried loading an older game then trying to load this (that’s worked for me before) but no cigar. :sniff:

After I removed the mod, I have an error report but I doubt that would help you. I really, really wanted to use this mod and I was so thrilled with my location. I’d hate to lose it but c’est la vie.

I wish I could give you data on why it worked perfectly fine starting a new game but refused to let me load a save. I do have the save if you want it. Here’s the error after I deleted the mod and loaded the save:

release-701 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: ‘easy_mode’ has no alias named ‘game_mode:easy’ in the manifest.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function ‘load_json’
…vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:48: in function 'initialize’
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:72: in function 'create_service’
stonehearth/stonehearth_server.lua:127: in function 'instance’
release-701 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:112: attempt to index local ‘game_mode_json’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:112: in function ‘_init_baseline_happiness’
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:68: in function <…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:60>
release-701 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
release-701 (x64)[M]
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:605: attempt to perform arithmetic on local ‘target_happiness’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:605: in function ‘_calculate_target_happiness’
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:548: in function ‘_update’
…ehearth/components/happiness/happiness_component.lua:165: in function 'add_thought’
stonehearth/ai/observers/open_space_observer.lua:59: in function 'post_activate’
radiant/modules/common.lua:518: in function ‘create_controller’
…ehearth/components/observers/observers_component.lua:59: in function ‘_create_observer_controller’
…ehearth/components/observers/observers_component.lua:31: in function <…ehearth/components/observers/observers_component.lua:26>
release-701 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:171: attempt to index local ‘game_mode_json’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:248: in function <radiant/modules/common.lua:242>
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:171: in function '_check_game_mode’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:166: in function '_on_game_loaded’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:118: in function 'obj’
radiant/modules/events.lua:83: in function 'instance’

Sorry, what is a ctd?

The first error is telling that the game could not find the game mode (because the mod was removed.)
The following errors are just consequences of that, like the game trying to read from the game mode (that now does not exists) what the default happiness is.

I would appreciate a save file, maybe that can help.

Any chance of you making some sort of real hard mode? With less messed up random spawns and more challenging waves?