Workers won't work

Summary:
I noticed I was low on wood, so I cut down some trees… Suddenly, my workers randomly stopped cutting and went back to the town, empty-handed. All the wood was left on the ground. I thought “Okay, there must be some other Hearthling coming to pick it all up.” I looked to see who else was coming to get it, nobody was doing anything. I thought there wasn’t enough space to put the wood in chests, so I made 10 more chests designated specifically to wood. They still didn’t pick it up. I ordered them to loot it, they still didn’t do anything. The mine they had been digging was abandoned, the trees they were sent to cut down are still standing, the staircase they had been digging into a mine was left undone, the house I had tried to make them build was now left alone, they were all set to idle. It turned night time and they all started to gather around the fire pit. I removed the fire pit. They went to sleep in the beds I had placed for them, except for a few of them that decided to sleep on the ground, leaving the beds empty, and complaining about sleeping on the ground. I decided to try to promote one of them to Mason, he went to sleep on the ground in the middle of the day, even though he had just slept, then he complained about having to sleep on the ground.

In addition to all of this, I noticed something even more annoying and even terrifying. I have several, very large farms and a good cook making a ton of food, yet I noticed my Hearthlings complaining about having to eat corn all the time. They have vegetable stew, they have bread, they have carrots, turnips, pumpkin, all kinds of other things to eat yet they only eat corn. I decided to completely remove all corn from the town, turned all the corn I had into Poyo feed and removed all my corn farms. Now, they’re all sitting there with symbols over their heads telling me they’re hungry, and a ton of complaints of nothing to eat. I have nearly two THOUSAND other food items, they won’t eat any of it! They all decided to starve instead! I had to completely erase all save files from the past 3 hours, just to get them to eat again. They still won’t work, they just stand around doing absolutely nothing, or eating corn.

Expected Results:
Game works
Actual Results:
Game does not work
Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 14, no mods.

Hey there @ZachTheInsaneOne, welcome to the Discourse! That certainly sounds odd that they just stopped doing anything. Do you still have a save file from when they just stand around doing nothing (or stand around and eat corn)? It would be helpful to debug what exactly is going on…

To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.