Workers stuck idle?

Hey there!
I’ve browsed old posts and tried the console reset, tried changing jobs and tried looking at their last building. I’ve tried saving and reseting and restarting the game too no go.

Did I break it by upping max citizens to 21?

Any other suggestions? This is alpha 19 i believe.

Thanks all
Matthew

They never pick up items or do anything besides Eat and Idle.

hey there @effigysr, could provide your save file?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

that would definitely help in figuring out the problem :slight_smile:

had it to, but i changed some of the workers to specialize to or haul or build or mine or job and it fixed it, probably the game or your pc cant handle all those commands at the same time

It sort of looks like you have a shortage of room in your stockpile also which may be one of the issues your having with them hauling, but I would agree with @Malfuria to specialize your workers. I would also check to make sure you didn’t suspend them in the citizen screen, you’ll know because the entire row will appear red instead of the earthy tones we’re used to.

Thanks for the replies all! I had tried changing jobs that didnt work :frowning:
My stockpiles have been there a while but I could change it? I prefer crates anyway but was working on a larger storage area.
My PC is pretty decent I would have hoped it could handle more. Is it PROC that it relies on? Should an i7-4770k be decent?
Heres my save, maybe I’m missing something else that caused it.
1484598767875.zip (9.0 MB)

Do you all fully specialize every person? I figured keeping some workers was good because they do everything. But maybe not.

with specializing i dont mean make them all mason, farmor, trapper or what so evver but more like this
you see, some workers only put at haul, some only at mine, and 2 doing all

When I tried the save file the game worked fine, the only issue i had was that you had zero storage space left so your hearthlings had nowhere to put anything.

loading up the save, it is indeed like @Omegasa said, there’s a lack of stockpile space. i put down some more storage and every body got right to work.

another thing i noticed is that a lot of stuff that’s on the ground in your base actually needs to be looted, you can easily do that by using the loot tool located under the harvest menu,

hope this helps :slight_smile:

Welp I’m an idiot D: Thanks all I’ll give that a try in the morning!