Workers of large settlements stand idle while construction projects remain unfinished

Summary:
Workers stand idly with now drive to complete construction projects. Saving and loading the game fixes this issue, but they will quickly lose interest in doing building jobs again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Queue a bunch of construction projects with a 30+ population village.
  2. Observe how they work quickly but will soon ignore building tasks.
  3. Save the game.
  4. Reload the game.
  5. Observe them swarm over the building project again.

Expected Results:
Workers prioritize building above other jobs and certainly prioritize building over resting in front of the hearth.

Actual Results:
Workers complete all other jobs and then go idle before building anything. On extremely rare occasion one or two of them will decide to build.

Notes:
They only started to ignore building jobs when we started to get a very large town. Early game they were more than willing to build structures. The current job they are completing is the Corner house from the Ascendancy (with slightly altered roofing.) I have max population set to 80 although at the moment we only have 33, which is above the suggested population cap.

Attachments:
Everyone standing around while the building is in progress.

All the workers idle.

We have plenty of supplies.

A save and reload later makes everyone get back to work.

Good workers.

Sorry about the screenshot spam. Save game is attatched.

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-880(x64)[M]

Swamp Biome.

System Information:
|OS Name|Microsoft Windows 10 Home|
|Version|10.0.17134 Build 17134|
|Total Physical Memory|16.0 GB|
|GPU|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080|
|Processor|AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)|

1 Like

I have finally devised a work around which seems to be working.

For very large settlements I’m guessing what is happening is every builder is attempting to do the job at once which is flooding whatever job system deals out the tasks. Take 3-5 workers, if you have 35 people like I do, I know you have extras, and make them your dedicated builders. Prevent everyone from building except for these few people and only allow them to build.

Going back into the citizen sheet, flicking the build checkmark on and off also seems to motivate them. So now if this doesn’t get fixed you at least don’t have to save and quit out of the game 30 times to build a building.

I have had siimilar issues too now and then. ot only ticking their “build” option works, but sometimes pausing the building itself, waiting a minute and then resuming clears out their inability to build!