Workers/Crafters just completely stop or get stuck

Title: Workers/Crafters just completely stop or get stuck

Summary: Mainly some workers who are either placing a lantern or trying to do some of their jobs, completely freeze. They just stop and not move or be frozen in place. The rest of the workers/crafters would keep doing what they are doing. I tried just not saving and load the previous save, but they still get stuck anyway.

System Information:

Hey there @Jkuki, welcome to the discourse!

There have been similar issues reported before, so let me get some more information from you:

What version of the game are you playing?

After to you reload a previous save, does the same crafter/worker get stuck, or does it vary?

If you save the game after the crafter/worker gets stuck, do they remain stuck if you reload the new save?

a workaround:

• click on the Hearthling that is stuck,
  • press ctrl + c to open the console,
  • type reset,
  • press ctrl + c again to close the console

this is if your workers are getting stuck on ladders and stuff while placing objects, or getting stuck on workbenches

3 Likes

you’ll also have to hit enter after typing the command in order for it to be executed :wink:

1 Like

a very important step! :laughing:

1 Like

Hey guys, I used that command, but after I had reset the hearthling, they won’t do anything else. They kind of just walk back and forth.

Nvm, it took a couple mins but the hearthling is finally moving around acting normal. Thank you so much for the help!

I normally pause the game before resetting then scroll up and down on your list of Hearthlings. I wait till thire status changed form ‘idle’ before continuing

1 Like

Help… Mine won’ move at all even after an hour, i let them be and they started to starving and low health. What to do TT