Worker stuck inside the world (goblin token bug)

User ID: 3b6174a6-386a-11e5-bee2-1c872ce2256f
Release-453 X64
19 Hearthlings currently
Placed a “Goblin Honor token”, then all hearthlings slowed to a crawl, LUA showing @ 97% capacity.
Saved exited game. Reloaded game completely and all other hearthlings returned to normal, but one worker remained stuck in the world, with just their head showing above ground.
Tried to extricate them by mining blocks out from under them, and got a red pop-up game error. Hearthling seems to be permanently stuck.

I had an issue with the Goblin Token as well. Anyone I’d place it into the world, the Hearthlings would immediately pick it back up and store it away.

Also, there’s only one thing you can do about the stuck Hearthling, build a picket fence around him as a warning to the others… AND NOT SLACK OFF!

2 Likes

I ended up having to revert my town to an earlier save after running into the goblin token bug last night. I tried to place a bunch and my Lua spiked and crashed everything. Several hearthlings sunk into the earth and frame rate dropped to around 1 frame per second.

you can fix it if your beying attackt and put them on defence mode

I’ve had the same issue with a worker walking half stuck in the ground. Also for some reason my game starting lagging at night. Once morning comes it works like normal.

as i said in this thread,

lag at night is generally caused by lights/lanterns as all the particle effects and shadows can be a bit heavy on the engine. one way to help with this is to turn shadows off during the night.

I was playing and suddenly the console is always showing the same error

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: bad unit transition “start_thinking” from “finished” in action fill the backpack with ground items
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.luac:32: in function <radiant/modules/common.luac:32>
[C]: in function 'error’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:60: in function '_unknown_transition’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:85: in function '_start_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:217: in function '_do_slow_thinking’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:275: in function '_fn’
radiant/controllers/timer_controller.luac:32: in function 'fire’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function 'set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function 'increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function 'self’
radiant/modules/events.luac:80: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:78>
radiant/modules/events.luac:78: in function 'trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:97: in function '_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>
and the game look like i have 20fps or something. little laggy and wasnt like that for the first 10h

Welcome to the forum, @lolpkwut :smile:

What was happening in game when the error started to appear repeatedly?
You mention the backpack bug in the title, which one are you referring to (there are several bugs related to backpacks) ?

Hi! Thank you! I make more research and i found the problem. One of my little guy was picking up a ghost item and my lua was using 90% of my memory. I started a new game and i wont pick the goblin token
I’m not used to write in english, i can explain again if you can’t understand me
Thank you

1 Like

If it was the goblin token, I know where to merge this.

Hi all, I tried to put down two goblin tokens and pretty much got the same issue people have mentioned, Hearthlings half buried and also all other Hearthlings production and priority’s stopped or came to a crawl. Throwing on defense mode and moving all lings into a party + a reset seemed to help, but they all soon went back to…pretty much not doing anything after a minute or so. I also noticed that all other goblins and animals just completely froze in place. BTW I had 15 Hearthlings, so it may have been the AI bug or not, I’m not sure.

1 Like

i was placing a toy and my masson took the ghost of the rabbit instead of placing it. my lua was using 90% of my ram going in infinit loop. i clicked on the toy in his hands and i wrote “destroy” in console and it fixed my game, no more lag and lua going back to normal

1 Like

i have this message:

release-453 (x64)
stonehearth/services/server/inventory/inventory.luac:248: cannot add ghost form (3920836 Goblin honor token (ghost)) to inventory
stack traceback:
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:667: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:660>
[C]: in function 'error’
stonehearth/services/server/inventory/inventory.luac:248: in function '_check_if_valid_form’
stonehearth/services/server/inventory/inventory.luac:118: in function ‘add_item’
…tonehearth/components/storage/storage_component.luac:113: in function ‘add_item’
…arth/ai/actions/put_carrying_in_backpack_action.luac:14: in function 'call_fn’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:16: in function '_call_run’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:186: in function '_run_from_started’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_unit_v2.luac:129: in function '_run’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:450: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:450>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’

stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:106: in function '_run’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:349: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:340>
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:669: in function '_protected_call’
stonehearth/components/ai/execution_frame.luac:351: in function 'run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.luac:129: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:90: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.luac:89: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.luac:8: in function <radiant/lib/env.luac:8>