[WIP] Aviex's Game: Realm of Rune

here is an idea, maybe you can have the same starting town on every newly generated world. Maybe like a template or something, just to give players a reoccurring feel for the game, but then the rest of the world is random. Just an idea, I have no idea how it would play out.

Nothing new coming in the next week. Out of town for a family vacation for a week.

Still out of town, but something I was working on before a left.

An shadowy figure flies overhead, hard to get a glimpse of it seeing as it blocks out the sun. Not that seeing it will do you any good. None who’ve seen it have lived to tell the tale.

Soon™

4 Likes

Realm of Rune v 0.0.7 Changelog

Brief summary

I was away on vacation last week so not much was done. I started on the first boss of the game that I want in before the upcoming KickStarter to display my long-term plans. I added in a bit of customization for the player so you can fit your character to match your personal preference. I also added tribes, which will be a huge impact on your playing experience, determining things such as starting items, starting village, how other npc’s treat you, and world-scale events that will come much later.

Customization Galore!

• Added Tribes that will change your characters base clothing(clothes you see when you have no armor equipped)
  • Added 5 varying skin tones.
  • Added variations of pants based on gender, if there’s an available variation of a pair of pants for females and the player is a female it will use those instead of the default.

Tribes(all names are subject to change)

Added Woodsmen Tribe
Players belongng to this tribe will:

• Start out with 0 gold, a wood axe and a wood bow.
  • Spawn in a woodsmen village(in a forest biome).
  • Be subject to events that involve their tribe.

Added Islander Tribe

• Start out with 10 gold, a fishing rod and a stone spear.
  • Spawn in a Islander village(in a Island biome).
  • Be subject to events that involve their tribe.

Added Tribeless Tribe

• Start out with 15 gold, a map, a small boat and a wood sword.
  • Spawn washed up ashore in an ocean biome. .
2 Likes

There is soo much potential in this game, i see a big community for it. Keep up the good work.

Also if u need help with testing or things like that msg me, I have a big community willing to help

-NFSmaster16

Thanks!
I actual plan on setting up a forum similar to stonehearth’s discourse in the next month or so to migrate the majority of my work in progress updates over there and only post on here with major updates.
One thing I plan on doing is similar to what Trove did early and allow fans to submit models for items in-game or monsters in-game or even entire community collab’d villages/tribes.

That way, even though it will be singleplayer you’ll be able to see fellow community member names on items or in a bestiary.

1 Like

That would be awesome I have a couple of friends who are decent at modeling and would love to try there best at giving a go at something to add to this game.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I’ve been in and out of town for things.

I’ve actually been going back and re-doing all the leg animations and pants in-game to work with the new joints in the legs on the character.

I’m also working on getting someone to help out with 2d art for like the title screen and artwork of each tribe.

Sometimes I feel limited by what all I can do alone, though I am doing the programming+modeling+animations. :disappointed:

I’ve decided to scrap farming as it doesn’t really make sense in a survival game where you play more as a nomadic traveler rather than a settler.

I am adding capturing as a “collection skill”. You will use bolas to ensnare wounded animals and have possibly three options to choose from

• kill, you can kill it anyways
  • free, you missed your true target or you’re just feeling nice
  • capture. This could possibly mean keep said captured animal as a pet. Or as a mount if it’s big enough. Or as both where you can ride larger pets.

I’ll probably add a limit to how many pets you can have following you at once. Also Aggro mobs in game might be Aggro in-game as a pet, therefore if you capture a wolf that usually kills any bunny it encounters your pet wolf will do the same whether you attacked that bunny or not.

Come on, it’s freshly captured it won’t be trained right away. :slight_smile:

Maybe “trained” could be a stat of pets to determine how much it listens to you.

1 Like

Aviex I saw that u wanted a person to make 2d art, I could help you with that, It may not be the best but I am able to make most basic artwork. Also I may have a friend that can help me.

If you want help message me and/or add me on steam: Steam Community :: Christmas LizardBoy

-NFSmaster16

I’m usually always on steam

1 Like