Why not having a singer in the town?

New Class: SINGER, who will roam around the town and sing if a hearthling comes nearby. The singing animation can be done by showing floating musical notes in the air. Different musics (timed 3-4 seconds) can be played as well. Crafting a guitar by the carpenter can be his tool. This will increase the happiness of the hearthlings. A singer will find unhappy hearthlings while roaming and cheer them up.

So… what do you think?

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this too, but keeping with the RPG theme make it a Bard. Possibly to serve as a combat and villager support. Allow them to provide several buffs based on what instrument they’re using, which could be switched like archers arrows. Maybe a lute to promote happiness within an area, some sort of jaunty flute tune to increase hearthling speed in the area, a harp if you have them set up in your combat team to lull enemies into a daze to deal with those pesky archers, or possibly a drum to increase hearthling courage. Make the range of the music they provide somewhat akin to that of the wind chimes so the player only hears it if they’re close to the bard to avoid conflicts with the music, as I quite like the games music score. Give it a feather cap and instrument and put it to work.

2 Likes

It would be cool if the bard, let’s say, could play music akin to “The Crypt of The Necrodancer”. Like the bard could play some battle music to influence damage and speed for the hearthlings, with the battle music being akin to the rock setting for the other game maybe. If you don’t quite know what I’m talking about I would definitely youtube it, it sounds pretty good. @Logo

1 Like

Could have one be the base class, the other a specialty; perhaps a Bard to start, then Singer vs Musician for different buffs

1 Like

Please make it muteable if this idea is taken. I find the shepherd annoying as it is, don’t think I can handle several different things all playing different tunes.

2 Likes

I want to clear out what I meant by “floating musical notes in the air”. This is nothing new, we already have this in the game. I meant to say just add another status symbol. Like the one in the picture below.

If the sound is causing problem then we can leave it… no need to produce sound only the musical note symbol is enough to design the “Singer”. But increasing happiness/speed/mental health(!) must be functionable. Otherwise it will be a useless class.

1 Like

I think a singer would be amazing–and they could be upgraded to a Battle Bard. Where the Cleric boots things like muscle and health, the battle bard could increase speed, or something.

At first I thought this “class” to be rather useless. But then I thought it might be an interesting way to change in-game music in a lore-friendly way. You don’t select tracks in the menu but ask a musician to play them. Kinda like bards in Skyrim or clothiers in Starbound.
It’s still rather bland for my taste… (sorry if that sounds bad). But I guess it would look nice as a mod.

PS.Oh. About “cheering up”. If hearthlings will obtain personality traits, some of them may dislike music.
Then at one moment we have a cook chasing a bard while wildly waving a rolling pin.

3 Likes