Why is this game so hard?

same here

[quote=“BloodW0lf, post:20, topic:13627”]
but maybe that is due to me make lots of troops?
[/quote]maybe, i generally have 3-5 footmen before or soon after the goblins arrive, thus they prove to be nothing of a threat, and make the game feel too easy.

1 Like

Perhaps there should be some sort of way for the game to equalize the goblin camp’s strength with your own. If you have 3-5 footmen, the goblin camp will have 4 or more. If you have no footmen, the goblin camp will only have 3 footmen.

2 Likes

I agree that the game is too easy.

3 Likes

Actually, I think its a nice change to play an easy game, as the focus should probably on city building anyway rather than on simulating military conflicts.

As for sdee’s question on how to increase worth that fast: My capenter usually produces 10 wooden dresers or so right after basic needs are fulfilled (beds, tables, chairs). Whenever a trader comes to visit, I sell those dressers, as money seems to push the town worth really well.

Why do I do that? I want to have new Hearthlings as fast as possible, and a high worth rating helps with that. Plus, should I have problems to gather enough food, I can always use my money stacks to buy food from the traders.

2 Likes

My opinion:

The game isn’t about pushing to 40 Hearthlings as soon as is possible. You need to keep your food, happiness, wealth and Military balanced. If you let the first 3 slip, you wont get any new guys, if you let the last one slip, then you’re in big trouble once your wealth hits the threshold.

5 Likes

True, 40 Hearthlings would really kill the “Oh what is Sally doing again?” spirit of the game. And I agree even more to the balancing theme of yours. I only like to grow in the beginning, so I can have at least two footmen, a few crafters and 2-3 workers to be effective both in harvesting and building. Once the goblins found their camp, it is very likely that I go up to 4 footmen.

Um, well, actually… I think I might be a bit off-topic by now… ;o)

1 Like

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m hoping with optimizations in that I’ll be able to have more than 40 herthlings. I want to have a somewhat sprawling city.

Though, on the topic, I feel that the current “Normal” difficulty is ridiculously easy. That could be attributed to many things. I’m sure in the final release when you put up walls around your settlement the Goblins are more like, “Helllllll naaaaaah.” And do something about it.

1 Like

But once you got the hearthlings, there’s no need to keep it up anymore, which in turns means there is no more challenge. I hope there will be something implemented that makes hearthlings leave once they are not happy… :runner:

1 Like

Best TIP to get your town net worth high is to let your carpenter build dressing cabinets all day long and when the merchant comes you just sell all 40-50 or more of these items to him price for 1 is i think 28-30 times 40-50 and the profit you get is around 1120- 1500 coins… :smiley: and you don’t have to make all those clothes and stuff you just buy of other merchants ( Pardon my English - not my mother language ) :slight_smile:

other things you can do with stonemason is to build stone tables they are worth 28 and you can also increase the value of your stone by 27 gold :slight_smile:

• your main workers ( carpenter , stone mason and others) will be leveling fast in couple days your workers will be up to 2-3 levels making those fancy dresser and stone tables that are worth much more :slight_smile:

i hope i helped you :smiley:

1 Like

With them introducing food spoilage at some point, it’ll be interesting to see how (if) the food requirements change, which will change some of these tips.

1 Like

The game isnt hard if you play correctly, so, 1st Gather Wood, 2nd Set a Gather Area, 3rd Build a Shared Sleeping Building (Make sure you have a carpentry and create doors,windows and beds), 4th Gather Food, 5th Build a Storage Building (Own Building Design and make sure the doors are secured one’s for reason for that is that if Goblin Thief’s sneak in they will take away stuff, if you have a secured they will have to take it down to get to the supply), 6th Make a footman, 7th Make a farmer, 8th Make a Dinning Cottage ,9th Make Shields and Weps, 10th Make a Guard Wall around your village with Double or Secured Doors.

Hope my tip helped to you all!