When Runing Stonehearth it crash on startup without showing a window

StoneHearth didn’t want to run if you read the title i tried reinstalling and everything didn’t work :frowning: but when i had an old comp it worked for win xp but now i have a better comp with win 8

Hey @adnanelaroussi.

2 Steps for you.

1. Go and grab the Drivers for your video card off their website (Don’t trust the auto updating software on the card). Install those new drivers off the site, and give it another go.

2. If that doesn’t work, post your computer specs here and we’ll see if anything sticks out.

Alright here are they :

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Installed memory (RAM) : 5.00 (4.87 Gb usable)

System type : 64-bit Operating System, 64 Based processor

And i got Pen support

Ok cool. Looks ok from what I can see.

Post up your Video Card info, and make sure to download those drivers and report back to us with success or failure. :smile:

1 Like

Well Sadly i don’t have a video card… i mean an invidia video card…: what a shame…

That is probably your problem then :frowning: I’m guessing it’s an integrated graphics card?

1 Like

Idk i dont know much about the pc things but the only thing i know my old pc didn’t have a graphic card too… Wow im so confused

i found something in the device manager i found in the display adapters :

Intel® Q45/Q43 Chipset 'Microsoft Corporatio - WDDM 1.1)

ummmmmmmmmmmmm hello ? are you there ?

Yeah, I’m at work, so I can’t answer super fast.

Looks like your lack of Graphics Card is the issue. You can contact Radiant or Humble bundle about trying to get a refund on your purchase, OR… you can buy a Video Card and join us in Stonehearth.

:smile:

Unless @Teleros has heard of any workarounds for an Integrated Card?

1 Like

well that means i can’t play StoneHearth ?!

well, let’s just page @sdee and @not_owen_wilson to get their thoughts on your particular configuration…

2 Likes

Alright Then but still i didn’t get the answer…

@SteveAdamo just mentioned the people who may be able to give you a more complete answer. Neither of us actually works for Radiant, we just try to help as much as we can, but only can do so much.

Just wait for a response from the two Radiant workers he mentioned and hopefully they can help you out.

1 Like

Alright but im so upset or stressed because i really like this game and i really appreciate this game and just losing 10$ isn’t like losing a lot so im not getting a refund just that stoneheart didn’t work.Thank you guys for helping me :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @adnanelaroussi,

It looks like Windows 8 is not supported by your graphics processor–I looked for drivers for your graphics processor, but could only find them for Windows 7 and Vista (here is the list of drivers). I believe this is the source of your problems; I’m sorry, but I’m not sure what to suggest, other than upgrading your hardware, or using Windows 7 instead of Windows 8.

4 Likes

ok thx for help
Peace !

1 Like