What is loot defined as?

brand new to the game, but I’ve watched some on YouTube. I’ve seen gamers loot items they produced, and I’ve tried this, but my halflings only pick up battle loot. once an item is dropped outside of a stockpile after being handled once, no one else will touch it. I’m in A14 with no mods.

hey there @highlander952, welcome to the discourse :smile:

loot is anything that is dropped by enemies, you can tell if its loot by hovering your mouse cursor over the item,

• if it has a red outline its an enemy item and needs to be looted before someone will pick it up.
  • if its brown its neutral, i dont remember if it needs to be looted.
  • if its white its yours and a hearthling should pick it up when they have nothing else to do.

hope that helps/makes sense.

People looting random items that they own probably played back in the days where looting was prioritized, moved to quicker, and carried more at a time than regular hauling.

ty both. the outline on what they’re ignoring is white, as in its mine and doesn’t need to be looted. they’ve been ignoring it for like 3 hours irl with several restarts

you can try restarting the ai, i forgot the hotkeys I think it is shift + F5 but it may have changed.