What don't you want Stonehearth to have?

I love having a mob free mode, but in most games that offer a peaceful alternative, I don’t know how many allow you to change difficulty on the fly… Would be fun though… :wink:

You mean like peaceful mode?

I would like the game to have a difficulty settings that are change able in-game. (kind of like in minecraft, if you will) Where you can build a fortified city in peaceful mode, and then change it to difficult to test your cities defenses :smile:

Duncan

yes sir…

indeed, perfect example (and one of the only ones i can think of, to be honest)…

Here is a legitimate response this time.

I don’t want StoneHearth to be too linear. After playing Timber and Stone (A game with a somewhat similar concept to stonehearth) for a good period of time, I got bored of how slow and linear it was. Your units have to follow a certain X, Y, or diagonal axis when walking (So it feels unnatural), mobs spawn randomly in random places, and then wander randomly. My point is, I want stonehearth to sort of just seem like there is no road for it to follow. The game play should flow nicely and make it feel as though the settlers have a little bit of free will, rather than just doing exactly what they are told. I sort of just confused myself with that bit, so lets see what everyone else thinks.

Here’s one that stems from a long experience of RPGs, strategy, adventure, and platform gaming…

Units instantly dying when they touch water. Granted, water’s a ways off (and yet, I seem to keep revolving around the aqueous world in the threads…), but if a unit was to simply drop into a pool of water, it shouldn’t instantly bump them off. What if I want to tell my settlers to go take the day off at the beach? They’ll be sad… (or building sand castles)

Now, a ship sinking is a different story, but surely some units would have a chance of swimming/getting rescued/reaching safety, assuming they aren’t weighed down by armor.

i believe i know exactly what you mean here… T&S, while a very capable resource gathering/building game, does seem a bit “stiff” in the emotional department… i dont have a lot of vested interest in the citizenry, as they dont really emote…

they will happily do the work i ask them to do, and sleep when necessary… but something feels “missing”, some little ingredient that would make the units more appealing to me as a player… its difficult to put into words…

1 Like

Is it bad that i’m using Timber&Stone as a substitute until stonehearth comes out?

Duncan

not at all! it’s a wonderfully addictive game… and Robert (along with his new staff members) has released a pretty massive update this week… :+1:

ok, back to the topic at hand… :smile:

The main Thing I DON"T want stonehearth to have is Giant Robot Spiders…

That would be AWESOME! I HATE Spiders!

Good news for you! You can join forces with @KingMooCow and create a mod which replaces all giant spiders with huge cows :wink:.

But then it would be boring… :frowning:
I need something to hesitate and step on
http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/1/19/Broodmother.png

I’ll get you eventually, you eight legged freak!

shudder at enjoy the awesomeness that is @TobiasSabathius

2 Likes

Coverage by PewDiePie.

3 Likes

Please no Pewdiepie, every game hes played is ruined for me T.T and those of his fans are very, very hostile in the comments to non-worshippers

2 Likes

Why exactly do you have a picture of broodmother from dota?