Gameplay that creates longevity

Stonehearth is a lot of fun. There really isn’t many games available that provide a creative aspect with a survival aspect. Because of this I would like to be able to play this for as long as possible.
As it stands now the game is a ton of fun but after a while it becomes a city builder where you have to keep on expanding and growing to survive. Nothing bad with that but it becomes a bit dull after hours of play and I find myself creating a new city once I reach this point. Although once all classes are implemented and all features are added I figure that I would like to spend many many more hours per city before that becomes the case.

This may not be as much of a suggestion as it is a question to the devs.
Once you reach a certain point in the game, will there be/spawn other factions or camps with Hearthlings that you can compete/trade with that would provide some form of policy/rivalry to the game?
The red klin looks great and seems interesting! I have yet to play the new alpha. Will they or other factions after some time in future updates form a city of their own? Will there ever be a need to explore beyond the borders of my town to find new races to trade or unlock certain features and risk war?

Maybe this seems a bit weird but I’ve always liked forums for the reason that you can stir up a debate or a discussion and maybe someone will take something from it! :slight_smile:
If there were other factions building cities across the map in real time, in what way would the community like to interact with them?

3 Likes

“Once you reach a certain point in the game, will there be/spawn other
factions or camps with Hearthlings that you can compete/trade with that
would provide some form of policy/rivalry to the game?”

I dont know if this is upcoming but i want this! it would add so much to the game i mean i wish the goblin camps stayed around longer and had more fight in them and expanded into a rival metropolis if given the chance that… would be awesome, words cannot describe!

1 Like

Further down in the development I hope that we’d see it.
It has so much potential!