What are you looking forward to in Stonehearth?

It’d be a really good game mechanic as well, encouraging mining outposts and organising ways to transport it home!

1 Like

It does have rpg elements, being able to make quests for passing heroes to take up would be cool. You give the quest to find the villages ancient treasure to passing heroes and when they bring it back you craft it into a super weapon of doom or something. Maybe you could even create your own heroes to do quests, you’d have to make sure to have it all be fairly passive but it could be interesting.

1 Like

All of the steam mechanics, i want trains, drawbridges and moving floors.

Yah, that’s right, floors that shake up and down to mess with attackers.

I look forward to growing the biggest potato in the world! (Not really)

I want steam trains and mechanical power so much! :stuck_out_tongue:

TITANS!
titans seem fun and exciting, can’t wait to learn more.

1 Like

… modding the hell out of Stonehearth :smiling_imp:.

2 Likes

learning the intricacies of modding, yes… sharing my meager attempts, probably not… :smile:

1 Like

I like the mid-game most. When I begin laying all the foundations for my future plans. Figuring out how I will use the terrain to my advantage. Setting up different areas of my city to act as farms or crafting sectors. Then training a large enough army to protect my city.

After my main city is established I’ll start sending out patrols to watch my borders. Then I will find strategic position to place forts and outposts. Maybe I’ll even build more cites on the same map with my first one. That is the part of the game I will love most.

2 Likes

Anyone else excited about next month? Ill be gone most of this month and get back the first week of december. I am so looking forward to this first release and it being my early xmas present. This game has so much promise, I havent been this excited about a release since darkfall flopped, way back when.
Im curious what everyones plans are with the game right off the bat? I might be a little behind on info due to my work schedule, but do most people plan to play with others or just play solo to get familiar?

1 Like

I’m sure we are all super excited about the First Playable Release in December, and the actual game release in November next year.
In response to your question, right off the bat I will go and find some ridiculous way of killing all my villagers from goblins and wolves, starvation, and dragons from the deep caverns the ancient Dwarves greedily dug in their quest for gold and precious metals. And I make it my priority to poison all my carrots to kill the Lagomorphs.

3 Likes

not to burst your bubble, but the preview release in December will not have anything other than single player gameplay… :wink:

and i know we have one or two related threads floating around here somewhere… searches

edit: found it!

1 Like

@Heilari No offense my Good Sir but I don’t think that is a wise way to get Settlers now or Allies, my friend so good luck with that :smile:

Not gonna burst my bubble. I just want to play. =)

being able to play (sometime) in the next 60 days is quite the silver lining, isnt it… :wink:

It’s so close but still so far away!

Anyway, I probably like early-mid to the near late game. I like to be able to expand fast, make something shiny(modded white-silver-gold armors and stuff!) and strong while still having some struggle against enemies, until I have enough power to show them who’s the king of the land! :smiley:

And then I mod something crazy and beat everything with it.

relaxing while watching my villagers work on farms/buildings & etc while fending off danger occasionally

I think I am most excited about exploring the world than anything else regardless of the dev’s intentions of it being a city building game first and foremost. :smile:

looks around nervously

yes, i think there will be plenty of this on my end as well… :wink:

Question will anyone make a mod that makes no population cap? because I’m and expansionist and LOVE growing empires and LOVE Big militarizes! :smile: