What are you expecting from Stonehearth?

i was thinking about that the other day… and while its certainly more accurate than “beta”, the word “release” still carries certain connotations…

how about “playable build” instead? a build is just that - the latest working version of the code… in this case, that latest version would playable by the beta testers group…

and now that i’m done nit-picking, its back to Sunday morning cartoons for me!

2 Likes

I think my undoing was shaving the word “first” off of it …

Never mind eh!

How about we just start calling it “First phase public build version 1 not an alpha but potentially not quite a beta”? Got a nice ring to it no?

I’ll go back to being grumpy now.

4 Likes

hahahaha… sold! :smile:

Well, maybe not hundreds of people (I think I over-exaggerated that), but up to 40 or 50 players on a map playing together in a PvP environment. I’ll be stunned if this game doesn’t support PvP at all, and the amount of content that is in the game to make it such a long-term experience would make for long games (if you aren’t newbies).

Obviously, that would just be one type of PvP, I’d assume shorter games (10 mins, an hour, etc) games will be added in one way or another, but we shall wait and see; after all, the first phase public build version 1 not an alpha but potentially not quite a beta hasn’t even be released yet :D.

What do I WANT? I want a hardcore, in depth civilization/city building game in the same vein as Dwarf Fortress, but with a way more friendly UI, not nearly as mind boggling as DF, and a more steampunk/FFT style art/mythos. Multiplayer would be nice, but secondary. I would love a PVP map, or just being able to create a game with multiple people in the same world. But I’m not expecting that, and we have never been promised that.

What am I expecting? Judging off what we know?
A legit, relaxing city building game.

have we use QFT yet in this thread? if not, here’s a good case for it… :+1:

1 Like

Yeah. I’m hoping it won’t be necessarily relaxing.

I’m afraid this thread is going to turn into those “Whats the first thing you’re going to do in Fable!?!?!” threads of old. With people going “IM GOING TO BUILD A CASTLE OUT OF BONES AND FILL THE MOAT WITH BLOOD!!” Fable wasn’t a bad game, but it was forever tainted by the hype.

And one or two of the posts have come out of left field and left me thinking “0.o If that’s what you expect I think you’re going to have your heart broken”

I always remember reading in OXM at a very tender age how if you focussed your gameplay on being nimble and quick you could pluck arrows out of the air. Oh Peter M, why do you do these things to me?

Definitely.

we kinda sorta have one:smile:

1 Like

Maybe we’ll get…those…thingys…challenge thingys…um…dangit where’s the word? Challenges like Speedrunning and Speedrun Bingo and shh-tuffs

hmmm… are you perhaps referring to achievements?