What about prisons?

Note First post not sure if the groupe is the right one

Hey I got a question about Strect goal in general. I heard the podcast you did with twonk hammer. So i got this idea to you could think about. I love they idea having your own castle & go in war etc. But would there be a prison?.. Like a theif is stealing some money from the king? or steal crops or a serial killer is killing people? Now i think the serial killer is a bit werid also thinking about a murder rate would be funny at all. I just mean it would be cool if there were a prison that you could lock the theif in & if they people hated the king they could start a revolution & kill the guards, break into the castle Then they would take the king. Now they could chose. if they want him to get excuted or hold him as a prisoner. This is just a idea. Hope you liked it!

Lucas J. Maaløe

I sended this to the Devs and would love to hear your guys idea of this. I don’t think that they should include a prison just becuase of that a theif can steal & that one guy asked their opione of the idea. So i would love to ask you guys what you think about this!

2 Likes

I like the investigations that would take place after a crime in Dwarf Fortress, but the punishment system itself needed work (chain them to a wall or suffering “hammerstrikes” as corporal punishment, which you had no control over. Ive seen murderers kill 3-4 people and get only a few days chained to a wall). I like the idea of an in game justice system where, after an investigation (witnesses, testimony/evidence, judge’s decision) you are given the judge’s opinion (or maybe you are the judge) on a punishment and you decide in the end what the punishment is. Designating a prison sounds good, especially if any of your townsfolk are captured for w/e reason and you send a party out to go rescue them from prison.

You can script it with your own mod.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic, just wanted to say that the thing I love the most about this game and the reason I backed it is that pretty much 95% of the ideas and suggestions threads can be finished with this very quote.

EDIT:
Just making it clear, I meant no harm or offense, I’m just saying that I love the fact that it will be almost completely moddable.
And I like the idea of prisons!

Prisons seem good in theory but I reckon the biggest problem with them will be getting prisoners. It just seems unlikely from what’s been shown so far that there will be people disobeying you, significant enemy factions and modules don’t seem like they’d affect it that way, it’s just that I haven’t seen anything to suggest actual criminals/sneaky invaders and that it would be fairly advanced.

Also if you like the idea of modding everything go check out Topia, it’s got a similar level of moddability but it’s an mmo/rpg instead.

Hmmm I really like this idea, but how to make it practical? How about this:

Randomly in the game, as well as fighting other factions and monsters and goblins and stuff, you also battle other human characters. If you can capture them and bring them back to your prison, you can keep them jailed until they are ‘reformed’. 10 days or so? You would have to guard and feed them but after 10 days, they would become members of your town and help build your population (albeit; levelled up a bit).

What do you think?

The description of the Pirates, Ninjas and Politicians stretch goal seems to insinuate criminal behavior.

Just to add to this, from another thread:

To which I replied:

1 Like

No offense taken :smiley: I would love to mod but i’m not good enough for that

Slightly off-topic, just wanted to say that the thing I love the most about this game and the reason I backed it is that pretty much 95% of the ideas and suggestions threads can be finished with this very quote.

EDIT:
Just making it clear, I meant no harm or offense, I’m just saying that I love the fact that it will be almost completely moddable.
And I like the idea of prisons!

No offense taken :smiley: I would love to mod but i’m not good enough for that

Once we get enough information about the structure of mods then we will see a lot of groups working on different projects just like any other modable game.