Weird glowing shifting wall bug

I got this weird bug that highlights a wall, and it shifts depending on the angle you’re viewing it from.

Not sure how to recreate it exactly. The last thing I was doing was making windows and this happened.

Edit: I suddenly got an error message

release-529 (x64)
radiant/modules/client_entities.lua:104: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	radiant/modules/client_entities.lua:104: in function 'get_world_grid_location'
	...ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:282: in function 'remove_world_region'
	stonehearth/components/wall/wall_component.lua:340: in function 'layout'
	...th/services/client/build_editor/structure_editor.lua:114: in function '_initialize_proxies'
	...th/services/client/build_editor/structure_editor.lua:64: in function 'begin_editing'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/portal_editor.lua:33: in function 'begin_editing'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/doodad_placer.lua:95: in function '_on_mouse_event'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/doodad_placer.lua:49: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:49: in function '_dispatch'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:55: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>
4 Likes

hey there @setsk0n,

funny enough, @sdee actually ran into this problem last night (tuesday) during the stream…

also, what version of the game are you using?

4 Likes

I’m using the latest version. A15 release-529.

2 Likes

@not_owen_wilson, another weird building bug for you! This was weird; it puts a clone of the wall in the back of the structure.

2 Likes

Summary:
When designing a home sometimes I get the following

As you can see from the image above, there is suddenly an extra 2 walls added to the build. They can not be removed and remain on the map even if you delete the blueprint you’re working on.

Stonehearth.log:

release-529 (x64)
radiant/modules/client_entities.lua:104: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	...ruction_progress/construction_progress_component.lua:282: in function 'remove_world_region'
	...th/services/client/build_editor/structure_editor.lua:114: in function '_initialize_proxies'
	...th/services/client/build_editor/structure_editor.lua:64: in function 'begin_editing'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/portal_editor.lua:33: in function 'begin_editing'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/doodad_placer.lua:95: in function '_on_mouse_event'
	...earth/services/client/build_editor/doodad_placer.lua:49: in function '_mouse_cb'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:55: in function '_dispatch_input'
	stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>
release-529 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:89: attempt to call method 'is_valid' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'is_valid'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:89: in function 'kill_entity'
	stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:25: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:22>
release-529 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:
release-529 (x64)
stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:440: attempt to call method 'get_id' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_id'
	stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:440: in function '_add_reconsidered_entity'
	stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:461: in function 'reconsider_entity'
	debugtools/call_handlers/debugtools_commands.lua:384: in function <debugtools/call_handlers/debugtools_commands.lua:383>
release-529 (x64)
radiant/modules/entities.lua:78: attempt to call method 'is_valid' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'is_valid'
	radiant/modules/entities.lua:78: in function 'destroy_entity'
	stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:18: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:15>
release-529 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:26: attempt to call method 'get_component' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'get_component'
	stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua:26: in function 'get_forms'
	stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:31: in function <stonehearth/call_handlers/entities_call_handler.lua:29>

I have had this in multiple new games now. Happens with already designed homes as with newly designed homes. The game basically becomes unplayable due to it always bugging anything you wanna place there

Versions and Mods:
Latest steam build, mods debugtools and farming/food mod

3 Likes

hey there @Doc_Brano,

just merged your post over here as they are the same error and bug :slight_smile:

one thing i’m curious about was your thread title “strange building crash”, did/ does your game actually crash after you get the error?

@8BitCrab Well the building part of the game crashes. The villagers keep walking, messages keep popping up but they won´t build it and you can´t build anything with it. Must say it is not moving or changing position like the original poster mentioned. but seeing i did not consider this a building bug or anything, just thought hmmm building part crashes.

alright, generally when we say “crash” we are referring to the entire game actually quitting/closing, not just part of the game bugging out and stopping working.

kinda butchered that explanation, probably need some more coffee…

will do my best to make the game crash next time :slight_smile: will make a video of it :slight_smile:

we don’t actually want the game to crash, i was just trying to point out the difference between a bug and a crash. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same here :hushed:

Steam latest A15 release-529.

Edit: After reloading the Game the ghost walls vanished…:open_mouth:

2 Likes

I did notice that when you save a build with the ghost wall on it, it saves the build with out the ghost wall. Also noticed that when it occures, it will occure on all buildings at the same time. Was pretty funny seeing 4 buildings with the same ghost wall

1 Like

Alpha 15, 529
I wish I had taken a screenshot, but I also had this to occur while designing a building. I quickly reloaded and it was gone.

I have created a YouTube video to show the steps on how to recreate this bug, along with the errors that pop-up during it.

4 Likes

hey there @Ryvucz, welcome to the discourse :smile:

thanks for the report and for the clear repro steps with the video.

from what i can tell the bug in your video is this one,

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/weird-glowing-shifting-wall-bug/20816

would you be able to confirm that?

1 Like

Thanks! That definitely looks like the same error.

1 Like

alright, i just merged it over here with the other report, that way we dont end up with 10 different threads all for the same bug :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have the same Issue in my game.

1 Like

Summary: Strange wall appearing bug when building in editor mode. Strange walls appear after adding a door and engine dups the below code.

release-535 (x64)
stack traceback:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Build raised building
  2. Add walls and a door
  3. Strange walls appear

Expected Results:

Actual Results:
Above aforementioned and engine error dump

Notes:
not sure if this has been mentioned but its happened a couple of times within this current build

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use: release -535 (x64) Alpha15 Marketstall build

System Information:

Summary
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500 @ 3.30GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H67-M PRO (LGA1155)
Graphics
JC151A (1024x768@60Hz)
2367 (1920x1080@60Hz)
HP w1907 (1440x900@60Hz)
2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
Storage
465GB Seagate ST3500312CS ATA Device (SATA)
298GB Generic External USB Device (USB (SATA))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Plantronics GameCom

1 Like

there is already a topic about it on the forum, Weird glowing shifting wall bug

There are multiple players with the same issue. I think your post will be merched with it bij one of the forum moderators like @8BitCrab

2 Likes