Unfinished Building Bug

So when I decided to build a preset buidling they started but they soon got hungry and got food, after that they stood in idle positions. So I thought “lets build another house to see what happens.” They built the house completely with all things included. But the old house i started to build had chunks of the wall missing and a window, I tried placing ladders and restarting several times but nothing happened. And I know it’s happened several times throughout my several worlds I have played on. This is on version 256 x64 Alpha 9. The error message that appears several times in a row is "…/components/entity_forms/entity_forms_componet.luac:110: assertion failed!

1 Like

whule it is not a solution to the problem, try editing the building and changing the roof height. Sometimes when built near rising terrain the roof seems to affect the building script.

Again, not a solution, but a workaround

Well I have heard of doing that, but the building is on completely flat ground with nothing else around it. The closest change in elevation is at least 80-90 squares away. Again the problem is that they finished the roof and everything inside just not half of a wall.

This bug occurs to me when I tell them to do a different task, not when they are hungry
Did you try clicking on the build and clicked build again?

Welcome to the forum, @MrFluffykins :smile:!

Could you attach a screenshot of the affected building? I think there are some reports around there about unfinished buildings, although I’m not sure that they finished with the roof unlike your case…

2 Likes

just making sure, did you craft windows? without windows/beds/lights/tables you know, workers cant do that house ready.

1 Like

but when they dont have windows/tables/beds and them. they just stop making. they make house ready but if you dont have that repices what they need. that’s only thing what isn’t on house.

I have a similar problem except this time its roofs and another building. All work just stopped. The roof is 3/4 completed and the other building only had its floor placed. Then all workers decided to lounge around the fire pit.

Also when removing the unfinished building, the pillars left a mark in the ground. This probably prevented me from rebuilding in the same spot. I filled it up with slab but now I can’t build a wall.