[Early Alpha 11, 2477] Unfinished buidling (solved) + error

My building remain unfinished while it was not the case during alpha 10.
I observe my hearthling don’t want finish roof of custom building even the smaller. Here are some screen.
(Of course I had the components,maybe because It was store in crates ?)

During the construction of the 2nd building an error of 8 pages showed up, I don’t know if it had a relation but here it is

error.txt (14.4 KB)

Here is the save, it could be usefull :smile: (barely day 2)

1 Like

It looks like the hearthlings cant access the roof to finish the second building. Try building a ladder up to the edge of the roof and seeing what happens then.

The doors and windows not being placed is an issue due to the new backpack and crates code, so should be fixed promptly.

Hearthlings usually make their own scaffolding/ladders for the construction, and I tried to add a ladder but it didn’t change anything.
I tried 3 times to build the first building (on the right on the picture) and same problem, roof unfinished at the same stage (beginning of the roof exactly like the screen).

As a result I’m not sure It come from this early alpha, it could be a problem with the roofs.

Alrighty, The second building you have wont complete because there are several corner blocks that they cant access, I think. Building ladders where I did in the picture should fix that, and I think its a known issue with the building designer.

I did manage to trigger a set of input errors though, and broke the incomplete building on the right. So maybe there is something else to it.

1 Like

I tried what you said and it works thanks !
For the error what could it be ? Maybe it’s in relation with crates because it happens when I was building the 2nd house with components in crates.

Its not crates, because I wasnt using them while testing for other bugs on purpose. I think it may have something to do with putting roofs that cant be completed by scaffolding on? Im really not sure, Ill have to do some more testing. Im not good enough to decipher the error message, other than its some kind of lua input thingy.

Glad it worked out for you!

EDIT: My error message.

develop-2477 (x64)stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: assertion failed!stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:277: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.luac:308: in function ‘calculate_roof_shape_around_walls’
…h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:48: in function ‘_compute_roof_region’
…h/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.luac:31: in function ‘_filter_fn’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:52: in function ‘_get_selected_entity’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:70: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…earth/services/client/selection/entity_selector.luac:80: in function '_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.luac:26: in function '_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:14: in function '_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.luac:1>