[UI] control (send) individual heartlings

Simple wish:

• right-cklicking somewhere in the world sends the selected heartling there
  • optional: after arriving there reset its task list and look for the nearest task at hand

this should not be soo hard to code, and I dont see any possible bugs…

Note: there are other discussions about control groups and whatever, please keep this thread to the simple functionality mentioned in the subject.

Like the pathfinding after arriving ?
The game wants to give group tasks. If there’s no bug concerning the pathfinding or idling, the sending would be useless. However, I don’t know if the developers planned this.

maybe I should take that “optional” from “optional: after arriving there reset its task list and look for the nearest task at hand” away…
it would allow a littlt “please do that over there first” =)

OR it could be like a “prioritize area” marquee. Like when selecting where to farm there could maybe be a prioritize area square.

there was actually a control like this being made by @sdee for “party’s” in one of the streams (can’t remember which one) where you could tell party’s to “go here”, basically an upgrade to the current party controls.

2 Likes

Is it still in your boxes or abandoned ?

This was possible with the first implementation of the trapper, but was discarded in the end (it was only for the trapper).
As @8BitCrab says, we might see something similar soon for combat classes.

Also, there’s this recent mod from @Wiese2007:
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/mod-patrol-points/19016

But for combat classes too, so not for the functionality you mentioned :sweat:

If you have too many hearthlings, it would be too much micro-managing.

3 Likes

ohh yes i remember the trapper xD i have hate him so much - complete micromanaging of him (go here set a trapper there etc. ) :wink: every stream i have asked if they plan todo this for everyone or can remove this - and have feared the answers :laughing:

2 Likes