Two ideas that work together (carriages and carts and designation stuff to people)

Welcome to the Discourse, @Madrishman!

Your grammar is great, I can read it with no problem.

For part 1), crates are a planned feature with Alpha 11. I don’t know for sure, but I would assume that carriages or mining carts could be an extension of the same idea, perhaps when the engineer class is implemented (way in the future).

As for automatic trips, that would be cool! If you want to play with a similar idea right now, you might want to take a look at the Zulser mod. It adds conveyor belts, and your Hearthlings can place items on them and have those items moved automatically. It works great with the current releases (Alpha 10.5-3 on main branch and also on the latest unstable branch). It’s main gameplay limitation (for me) is the fact that you can move goods down (drop them off the edges) but not up, so I tend to have a bunch of low-level underground stockpiles. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for part 2), I know that assigning objects to individual Hearthlings has been attempted with beds before, but I’m not sure about the current status of assigning of objects in the future. Perhaps @8BitCrab could help me out here?

Thanks for posting on the Discourse! Your post was just fine, you did it correctly. When it comes to previous suggestions, you can always search, but if you don’t find it, you can still post, and a mod will help merge your thread into the existing topic if there is one.

P.S. I don’t know if there’s a standard place where building designs are stored, but there are several threads to post screenshots of builds (this is the current one), and sometimes, people will upload their designs to a file share service (such as Dropbox or Google Drive) and link to them in those threads. A design repository (where anyone can post their building designs) is in the future plans, but I don’t think it’s coming soon.

1 Like