Trouble with Hats

How to make Hearthling DON’T wear a hat?

You mean the footmen armor? or the class outfits?

i mean Helmets. i made one Hearthling with cool hair (LocksOfManyHair mod) but she put on helmet

2 Likes

ok, unfortunately you dont have a chance to influence what gear each hearthling wears at the moment, but it might come in the future. I know almost every player would like this, so patience and maybe tell your weaver to stop the production of headgear for now is the best choice :slight_smile: I dont know if there is a way to trick the system to clear the helmet on your current hearthling, unless you can target the helmet as you can with weapons? Then you can use ctrl+C and use the destroy command :wink: Just be aware that it is not the hearthling you destroy! :smile:

Hope you find a way.

1 Like

okay, thanks anyway…

1 Like

i checked. i can’t select the helmet

1 Like

ok, thats to bad, but thanks for the feedback on that :slight_smile:

oh… maybe if you demote the footman to worker and while the gear is unused, sell it to a vendor! then promote the footman again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

there should be button that makes hats transparent. they still add defence but you can’t see them

1 Like

ya beat me to it, I was gonna say the same thing

if you don’t want to demote them though, give them move orders so that only the hearthlings that you are not ordering to move will go to the stockpile and equip the hat

1 Like

maybe a mod could do something like that, but yes that would be a great option for the maingame in the future!

1 Like

okay. thanks for all help

1 Like

Hmm, I wonder if it would be possible to make relatively invisible helmets…

1 Like

sort of like the circlets that clerics wear but virticle instead of horizontal? would look like a roman/greek style helmet but it would work

ignore the red bits, and connect the top spine with the face shield, so its like a minimalist helmet / 2 tiaras smashed together

image - ? :grin:

2 Likes

here, took a few minutes
this would allow you to still see the hairstyle and such of different hearthlings

edit, now .png
nose guard, optional

1 Like

i think it would be easy to make this a mod. just add button that makes hearthling keep the helmet bonus, but make it invisible

1 Like

I don’t know if there is a way to change how an object is rendered like that. in old games you would have a specific color that would tell the renderer to make it transparent. I think minecraft did this as well, but I don’t know how stonehearth would do it

You would have to make new models, i suspect. I don’t think there is a way to make them “invisible”.

But in theory it wouldn’t be that hard to make models for the various helmets that are just a few pixels you wouldn’t notice when they’re being worn.

i was watching old desktop wednesday video about hats and there was note for modders and there was something like transparent: false i think.