Trapping zones are shown mid air ( 271 (x64) )

I was going to designate a trapping zone but the two larger ones showed up in the air, that smallest one remained on the ground

4 Likes

Do you know what the steps are to reproduce this? I wasn’t able to get anything floating in my tests. Thanks!

1 Like

hmm… i had this happen a few alphas ago, i believe it had to do with the trapping zone colliding with the trees hit-box or some such thing, as its actually partially sitting on the large oak tree. will test this later.

2 Likes

come to think of it that might be true, was in sort of a hurry to get it down that I wasn’t paying attention

same with me, but when i saw your screenshot i realized yours also happened beside/on a oak tree,

yeah, I just went back to try get the same result but no luck, they stayed on the ground this time

I belive this was caused by my trapping zone colliding with the big oak tree resulting in the trapping zone resting with one corner on top of the oak. How ever I was unable to replicate the result when I went back just now

2 Likes

hmm… yes i am also unable to replicate at the moment :confused:

I found a repro and its fixed. Thanks guys!

5 Likes

thank you! i love helping you guys out whenever i can :blush:

1 Like

Just doing my duty as a supporter of the game :blush:

2 Likes

Also applies to shepherding zones.

If you want to see this effect for yourself, try this:

• Drag out a trapping / shepherding region from the top left to the bottom right.
  • Place the bottom left corner of the zone on a solid object.
  • The bottom left corner must be in the -x,-z direction. To figure out what direction that is, look at the shadows in the early morning. They point towards -x,-z.
  • If you don’t have the correct orientation, rotate the camera 90 degrees and try again
4 Likes

its also kinda awesome to see how to reproduce bugs :smile:

im loving Team Radiant more each day!

1 Like