Town Defences (walls, traps)

Hi all,

I had a small question, does anyone know when we will be able to build defences to hold of goblin raids?
Lately i have tried the new alpha 10 build and when the goblins spawned, they send a raiding party (cuz i didn’t want to pay them :grin: ).
As the game progressed and i fended off multiple raids i began on building a wall. But this was more for the view then actual use. So i was wondering if there ever was any mentions of gates or drawbridges to keep that filth out? I am sure it will be added to the game but i dont know when and how.

And for discussion, when do you think it would be appropriate to have acces to these defences.

ty

1 Like

You can already build walls that will stop goblins. Either the free standing wall or a simple cobblestone wall or wooden fence will stop the goblins as long as they can’t find a way around.

There are also traps already. Once you get a Trapper up to level 5 or 6 (I can’t remember which), you can lay traps out for enemies to get caught in.

1 Like

I thought this was locked currently?

1 Like

Maybe it is, I don’t remember and can’t check right now. But, it does mean that will be coming if it’s not already here.

2 Likes

well the levels that give you those traps dont have the “not implemented” tag beside them, but i dont think they are fully functioning at the moment.

fyi, an easy defence right now is a simple trench. If you mine out a strip going from cliff to cliff, they can’t cross it, and you can build ladders or a bridge to cross it when you can put up a fight

2 Likes

[quote=“phector2004, post:6, topic:12680”]
or a bridge to cross
[/quote]even better yet, you can easily block the bridge using this method,

3 Likes

I’ve actually been thinking about making a gobbo trap where I wall myself off from the outside except leaving a funnel into a single, small stockpile where I can put throwaway items. Then I can just mow them down whenever. This will work really well once we get ranged units.

2 Likes

The engineer class may also make traps, someday…

3 Likes