The waterlogged village of Puddleton

This build seems remarkably stable (huge high five to the devs and all of Team Radiant!) so I decided to make another village instead of trying to break things :smile:

This is the village of Puddleton and the nearby Rising Giant Mine. I have excavated and flooded the first phase of puddles in town. All connected as one unit and flooded from one point to keep water errors to a minimum

The view down main street looking toward Rising GIant Mine

My storage and crafting area is 8m under town and lake and convenient to both workers from town and resources from the mine, acess via surfacce stairs towards the mine and a ladder in the center of town

The 3 buildings I have contructed so far, bottom right is the dining hall and cook shack. Left side is the bunk, far back and right is the treasury. The fire island/patio in the foreground

Rising Giant Mine entrance

Cutaway view of the interior of the mine, beginning to develope the depth, catwalk and stairs. Support pillars and cross braces carved

8 Likes

The world seed can be found here if you’re interesting in playing this area

Another respectable job of terraforming into civilized structures! Puddleton definitely seems like a suiting name!

3 Likes

excellent work @Boulderboy! so, you brought some of the water in from elsewhere? you didn’t start with that particular body of water?

1 Like

The start area is basically an island surrounded by two large lakes, I placed the buildings and road work, dug the infrastructure underneath and then started excavating all the free space between. It’s the last map in the Interesting World Seeds threadif you want to see the initial area. :smile:

The goal is to eventually bring down a lake from higher up the mountain to flood hearthling-made lakes that adjoin the original two lakes. Going to try to push this build as far as I can, in terms of water and mining…the town itself is kind of secondary lol

1 Like

Just for you, @SteveAdamo, I changed the order I was going to do things in and I moved a lake ahead of schedule.

General overview of the town, I removed all the dividers that were around the town and sectioning off the water while it filled.

The lakes I added by draining a lake from a higher elevation

The lake I drained. There is still water in it but it won’t drain any more than this

The underground channel I dug to move the water

The channel leads to this vertical tunnel behind the wall, leading down to the lower lake

The bottom or the vertical shaft with a small hole cut in the bottom edge to allow flow to the lake above the mine

I cut a hole in the wall of the upper lake to allow flow but raised so it would retain water after the upper lake finished draining.

I left this retainer in place to allow the upper lake to fill this lower lake without the larger lakes surrounding the town emptying into it first…but cut down one layer on the top to prevent flooding in the case of overfilling . Now that the upper lake is drained, i"ll remove this barrier

I wasn’t sure exactly how much water I would be able to get from the upper lake so I mined an overflow channel for the lakes around the town…just in case

Overview of the town from the other side

Didn’t change much in Rising Giant Mine, but here are some shots of the surrounding lake and the enterance. I added one more set of steps to the mine catwalk as well

6 Likes

love it! this is a marvel of engineering … and patience! :smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Awesome! Amazing work.

I cant seem to get more than a couple hours into a project before the bugs take over. My workers keep standing around and picking the same objects up over and over again :cry:

2 Likes