The Swamp Ruins

I’ve been working on this village for quite a while. I capped the population at 20 to save my computer bursting into tears. It has finally progressed to the point where getting anything done is becoming problematic. Needing frequent restarts and pausing to allow the lua and pathfinding to sort themselves out. Here are some screenshots of the pathfinding nightmare I created. Lots of underwater construction which took an incredible amount of time, underground tunnels and boardwalks to confuse everything.

It is currently Day 1 of Feastmun :smiley:

The crafting/storage area with tunnels leading to the treasury catacombs, pasture, trapping grounds, mine and center of the village

A better shot of the boardwalk network that causes so many hearthling headaches. I had to add in a bunch of sections to smooth out the pathfinding a bit, the hearthlings were taking forever to get anywhere or walking to the far side of the town to get to the crafting area

10 Likes

The original plan once the village was finished was to plug up the entire area with ruins to keep construction going. I managed a few in the lake area I was filling in and a crumbling tower but construction is taking multiple restarts and near constant pausing/unpausing to let the computer think.

1 Like

beautiful build!

you could use the ib command :wink: or have you been, and is that just being a pain also…?

1 Like

I’m a traditionalist lol. This whole thing was done without console commands. I was very tempted to try the commands out but I figured the slow way was better for debugging…also, even saying the words “console commands” has caused my computer to get a nervous twitch. It knows when I get into things like that I end up breaking things inadvertently lol

2 Likes

well it was just a suggestion, encase you wanted to finish the water ruins.

[quote=“Boulderboy, post:4, topic:15819”]
also, even saying the words “console commands” has caused my computer to get a nervous twitch. It knows when I get into things like that I end up breaking things inadvertently lol
[/quote]haha, its not that hard to do, i mean, even i can do it :laughing:

This village didn’t really have a set design or plan, I just kept adding at random with no set goal than to push it as far as I could. If it was a work of art like @beatrice is doing with the lakeside village, I would. Everything after the first two houses was just added to keep the hearthlings constantly busy, whether it was digging the swamp channels or filling in the lake lol.

2 Likes

Hey nice to see some more buildings extravaganza in water zone! Apart a few irregularities in the distance between pillards :wink: it’s a fine job, well done!

3 Likes

Yeah…the boardwalk started with a plan…and then pathfinding got in the way so ended up having to add a lot in that screwed up the spacing…and then I just reached a point where I was adding in small sections at a time and the distances just wouldn’t balance so I gave up lol. I learned for next time! lol.

1 Like