Thar be dragons?

This is just a swift question. When we have dragons in the future (this is indubitable), will they be the puny, at max 15-feet long dragons recent media has given us (I’m looking at you trove), or will these be the mighty beast of yold, the ones that are hundreds of feet long (like Smaug), mighty, humongous beast that live for eons, dwelling in their vast piles of loot and having a lasting grip hold on the world around them, the dragons that only the mightiest of nations or the boldest of adventurers are willing to face?

Give your guess at which one, take your pick. But for now, I’ll see ya later!

2 Likes

Wait. There is going to be dragons? And I guess the first one.

to my knowledge, the only dragon that is 100% confirmed is the kickstarter-backer dragon whelp.

4 Likes

That you know of, just wait… :wink:

2 Likes

Would be cool to have an exceptional event (so very rare of course) where a dragon in it’s cave full of gold appear at startup of a new game somewhere underground.
If the player stumble upon it, the dragon would break through and begin attacking the town. Of course if would be a game over for humble cities and the player would need a real army to deal with this thread or some kind of hero class with extravagant skills at combat… :heart_eyes:

I honestly expect the dragons of old grandeur, just because it seems like Stonehearth would not be another to shamefully misportray dragons. (Oh, and in case your wondering how the dragon whelp could become something so big, let’s look at… say, tigers. an adult male Bengal tiger is about 460 pounds. A cub is typically 2 pounds. If the dragon whelp is about the size of an adult hearthling… that’s a approximately 150 pound baby. So, if we divide 460 by 2, we get 230, which means an adult tiger is 230 times larger than a cub. If we multiply 150 by 230, that’s a…34,500 pound dragon, or a 17.35 ton dragon! And yes, I realize dragons aren’t tigers, this was just for scale.)

1 Like

i think you might be slightly confused what the dragon whelp is, its a kickstarter-backer exclusive pet that will be rather “small” and stay that way.

at least that was my understanding of it.

Well, the whelp was just an example of what a baby dragon might be like.

1 Like

A swarm of baby dragons and then a Huge Mother Dragon flying over omitting a shadow larger then the mountains.

4 Likes

That made me visualize a nest full of cute dragon whelps, don’t know why.

The plushie, chubby, cute little dragon kind.

2 Likes