Suggestions for Alpha 8-10

Just watch last night stream. Oh man, now i want alpha 8 for tomorrow’s breakfast, ok?

But seriously, so many new things coming in the future. and the weapons and armors are going to make my day.

More suggestions now is dead enemys will drop some kind of loot, from weapons and armors, to resources and food, anything they can be caring with then could be a potential loot.

Other idea is buffs and debuffs, like infuries and poison, lucky day (for not being hit with criticals) and other things that can influence the way they go around.

Military ranks, each kill give a unit a point, the more points it have the better will be his rank, for exemple from soldier to lieutenant to captain to general. This could be done to give special traits or only to say who survive the longest on your troops.

Now for the task manager. if possible i would add a priority setting for each character so we can say what we want him to do first.

For example. When i am building i would like to have at least one of my workers to always going making the scaffolding before my other workers ended building the walls. i know this is not a simple task, but i tough that it could add a bit of micromanagement for the things.

3 Likes

On the last stream tom mentioned that you can expect water around alpha 11, i think.
So that won’t be part of making the world a more interesting place :smile:

3 Likes

he did indeed, but remember that was just a very rough estimate… :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm those are possibilities but remember they can only fit in as much as their budget goes so I don’t know but they are good ideas. Also with the buffs I’m sure they will have a wizard class or something which can offer buffs and debuffs.

@Tom Next couple of alphas sound epic! Will there be a chance for another wavery of recipes in the middle so that all crafters not just new classes have new things to make?

Also the potential for a blacksmith recipe community thread?

4 Likes

I was thinking that atm i find the traders and caravans that appear almost useless as they usually give you mats that you either have 100s of in exchange for mats you have 100s of or for mats that you can get 100s of…sometimes they even try to rip me off!! lol…

then one day i got a fire pit from the trader and i was like …hey! this isnt craftable!! so i suggest you should do that with more items such as rare unique weapons/armor from traders only or blue furniture or something to make traders more exciting instead of…7 baskets of corn for 2 baskets of berries

this way we could look forward to traders as much as a new person joining our team instead of almost finding them a nuisance

3 Likes

with the blacksmith i hope to see money as a trade offer

1 Like

love the idea! it would be cool if they did have weapons/armor and other items that couldnt be crafted and only available through trades.

3 Likes

Whenever I see non-craftable items being offered, I always take the deal. :smile:

3 Likes

who wouldnt take the deal? :smile:

2 Likes

Archers, water, fishermen, fish, and multi-story buildings.

Unfortunately radiant said we wouldn’t see water until alpha 11

Awww, I’m one alpha off. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

World content… Water? :smiley:

1 Like

birds for your birdbath

1 Like

you need to read the thread :wink: that will be somewhere around alpha 11.

I was about to have it this Christmas, but needed more practice:

I attached an observer to the birdbath, but wasted much time to make a couple of animations (I had some problems with the Blender add-on), and then, if I placed the birds one step up or down, they’d start walking on the ground. I could have added a leash, too, but first I have to fix the model. I think they stand too high because of how is the model positioned inside the matrix. :pensive:

[Sorry for derailing the thread :persevere:]

Edit:
My plan was to spawn the birds on top of birdbaths (or near them), have the quantity of birds vary randomly or be set by mod config, and have the birds moving and idling there.
I only got the second part working: the birds appear at lunch time and disappear at bed time. And then, my holidays ended =T

6 Likes

oh, perfectly acceptable use of a derailment… the “observer” is adorable! :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

I would like to see:

Advanced Building Options / Tools
Multi story houses
Fireplaces with visible chimneys and smoke

World
Single Voxel Mining
Trees that Grow
Water

2 Likes

I was just reading through this topic again and when I read this I just automatically thought of a mystic merchant I think that would give teh tar mechanic so much more depth

3 Likes