Suggestion - Being able to Place items from Backpack

Especially useful when the hearthlings are looting brand new crates.

1 Like

Id actually lump this in as a bug, and I am sure that the issues with backpacks and crates will be ironed out for the Alpha 11 Release.

But I totally agree, my carpenter has been hoarding everything!

1 Like

i’m pretty sure you can still place stuff from their backpacks in the place menu.

it’s not that easy… I had problems placing stuff they kept in their backpacks (especially toy rabbits and campfires)
it get’s listed in the “place Item” menu but when you actually try to place it nothing happens

1 Like

Older thread, but in r453 this still somewhat problematic. A Hearthling will pick up an item but then not actually place it in a stockpile for some time, meaning the player can’t place that item.

IMO Hearthlings should place a higher priority on emptying their backpacks when they’re carrying items that can be placed, or items stored in a Hearthling’s backpack should be accessible from the ‘Place an Item’ menu.

In several cases I had Hearthlings walk around for 5-10 minutes doing other jobs while carrying crates, beds, chairs, etc in their backpacks that I wanted to place. There’s not much the player can do when this happens, except wait for the desired item to be placed in an appropriate stockpile.

1 Like