Suggested Items, Mobs, and Features

The team’s already confirmed that they feel cows are too mainstream and have chosen to go with yaks instead. Tom said that fishing will be “something for your Hearthlings to do when they’re idle” but I don’t know how that will work out resource-wise. As far as birds go, chicken-like birds called Poyos (or Buckbucks in the Old Language) are supposed to come in Alpha 12. I don’t know about wild birds. Cats and dogs are definitely going to be in as Kickstarter backer rewards, but I don’t know if versions of them will show up in the regular game (though there’s been a bit of discussion about them as DLC.)

The geomancer will probably allow for placing dirt and grass. For now, dirt can be faked with two of the wooden slabs, and grass slabs have been modded in, but there will definitely be ways to place dirt and grass in the base game in the future.

The team’s modeled pipes before, so irrigation, and therefore moving water, is definitely going to be a thing.

There are definitely going to be massive additions there.

Again, fishing is probably going to be an idle activity rather than a job.

I don’t know if that specifically is going to happen, but the team’s mentioned that they want to put in an easier way to place fences.

Bed ownership or something like it is supposed to return… someday. Once they get a better system worked out.

2 Likes