Suggest your Tip of the Day!

“You wouldn’t download a car”

Or the stonehearth equivelent

1 Like

Don’t feed the goblins! You may risk personal injury by goblin bite.

3 Likes

Don’t make a carpenter. And mine a pit that is 8x8 with all your workers. Let chaos ensue.

“Evil will always win, because good is dumb”

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know how to phrase things as tips, but I do know somequestions that I would like to see answered, and I bet some of the answers to some of these questions would make good tips:

1. If you reassign a worker to a new profession, they lose all accrued experience, right?
  2. How much difference do the stats make? If “Body” is hit points, What are “Mind” and “Spirit” good for? What professions “need” which stats – for example, does higher Body help a mason or carpenter? Is Mind useful for Footmen? Does Spirit make it more likely to create “fine” art pieces, or is that “mind,” or neither?
  3. same question but about “attributes” like speed etc. For example, is Speed just walk speed or does it also impact task performance or vice versa (this might matter if you had a character with high speed and were considering making them a footman).
  4. Are the ores and stones dropped from mining completely random or are there “veins” so to speak that are more or less likely to drop particular kinds of ore?

I realize these aren’t directly “tips” but they’re the sort of thing that isn’t intuitively obvious to new players and that people are going to want guidance on. The loading screen tips could be a great way to teach new players the less intuitive parts of the game.

1 Like

They don’t! If you make your level 3 Footman back into a Worker, then have him pick up the sword later, he/she is still Level 3 in that profession. So:

“If a Hearthling changes professions, they keep all experience points in each profession they have mastered.”

It would be nice if this were displayed on the character screen for the Hearthling, e.g. “Level 3 footman (active), Level 2 Farmer.” It might even be; I haven’t switched hearthlings between advanced professions, just between one profession and Worker.

If I knew the answer to either of these, I’d write the tips, but I don’t.

“Any time you mine stone, there is a chance to find random blocks of ore.”

“Ore veins appear in stone areas of the map as a different color block, and can give you lots of a certain type of ore!”

Oh, interesting. Do they retain the benefits of their other levels? So if I want to (for example) give all my hearthlings a little combat training, I could just convert them all to Footmen during goblin raids, then switch them back? WOuld they get the benefits of that training while “civilian”?

You can never have too much food!

I would download a car, it would save me about £11,000 :smile:

“Manners maketh a man.”

Don’t forget to build a ladder for your miners so they can get back up!

2 Likes

Some Goblins just want to see the world burn…Who am I kidding? All Goblins want to see the world burn.

3 Likes

‘‘you can suggest your own tip of the day on stonehearth discourse’’

8 Likes

@Heimerdinger That got pretty meta.

“Make sure to found a settlement near berry bushes, you’ll rely on them early on.”

1 Like

I never do this any more actually. 20x1 strips of farms doing each crop, 2 farmers & a trapper = bucketloads of food.

Wondering if food production’s a bit OP ATM :stuck_out_tongue: .

I find I have to harvest berries once, just until I get a carpenter that is leveled enough to craft a hoe. Then my Hearthlings hate me forever for having to eat berries.

2 Likes

I survived THIS with farming alone.

(Farming is definitely overpowered at the moment.)

3 Likes

I know in 2081, I was unable to build farms on stone, which makes sense. I was also unable to make a trapping zone, though the area did have animals. Unfortunately, I was in a crater on a mountain, so I had to ladder up and dig through in order to get to berries and farmable, trappable land.

"Plants are necessary for starting a town. Choose your location carefully!

2 Likes

“School is Hard, and Boring! Come Home, Do Your Homework and Spend the Rest of the Day Playing Stonehearth!”

4 Likes

“To instabuild, open the console and type ib”

Just if your lazy (like me!)…

3 Likes

Don’t try and use instabuild :stuck_out_tongue: It is Alpha and test how the villagers build your design