Strange choppiness

Alright, so, I built a new PC, and got Stonehearth all downloaded, up and running. First up: Armor works now, and no more ghost images/flashing lights like on my last comp (don’t worry, still trying to get a screencap of that phenomenon on the old comp). All well and good.

The only problem is…

The game is… laggy. Like, really, really laggy, and for some reason I’ll get hangs like you wouldn’t believe every few minutes or so. Which doesn’t make sense. Can anyone help?

System Specs:
i7-4790K @4.0 GHz
GTX 970 4GB
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say it probably is your memory, the game appears to have a memory issue, I’ve 16 G ram and can play awhile before my game gets choppy/laggy/jerky movements and BlockHeadTimo has 32 G ram and can go a lot further it seems, see this post:

Are you building a really big floor/slab/roof? The pathfinder hates it and will lag your game to kingdom come.

1 Like

Negative to both. My last computer never had issues with memory (it had the same amount), and I’ve not been able to build anything large due to me not wanting to deal with the chop and shutting the game off out of annoyance.

I have this problem too. I’m running on a powerful machine which can run games like ARMA 3 and Total War Attila max settings and still keep over 60fps, but when I play Stonehearth i get terrible lag spikes which are exacerbated on double speed. I checked the usage bar and most of it seems to come from the lua, but I’ve also checked my computer’s usage on Stonehearth and it’s not even using 50% of the available RAM. Also when starting a new game and choosing where to embark, it’s super super laggy.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M
Intel Quad Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz