Hi Everyone, we’re continuing to track down crash reports and performance issues leading to idle hearthlings. We fixed some of these in this patch, as well as a number of other bugs. All saves from 10.5 should be compatible.
To opt-in to the Steam Beta branch, see this page under About the “Latest” Branch:
Here are the detailed patch notes:
- Pathfinding through gates and doors has been optimized.
- Fix some crashes on Intel video drivers, and add more diagonostics to track down video driver issues.
- Fix errors saving game when temp directory is not writeable.
- Fix errors when loading game.
- Fix error when promoting Shepherd to another profession.
- Fix moving objects when hearthlings drop the item during the move.
- Fix error in the aggro_observer (again!).
- Fix error in the attribute_component.
- Fix error in the scaffolding_manager.
- Fix error when attempting to tear down buildings.
- Fix bug counting items for collection quests.
- Harvesting plants no longer causes workers to drop their current task.
- Plates of food will now be eaten if dropped.
- Fix categories for weapons, armor, banners, and job promotion items.
- Fix error when opening trading window.
- Fix error when overbuying items from trader.
- Fix error when reordering items in workshop.
- Health bar on character sheet now updates on damage.
- Add missing status text that indicates what hearthlings are up to.
- Fix issues when clicking 'Roll New Map' too quickly.
- Fix UI error when hitting ESC before placing the banner.
- Fix error on expired bulletin.
- Camera zoom can now be controlled by keyboard + and -.
- Camera pan can now be controlled by pressing the middle mouse button and moving the mouse.
- Camera tutorial is now hidden after completing it once.
- Make the Daily Update notification sticky.
- Add missing close button to the error dialog.
- LuaJIT is causing problems and has been disabled. As a result, world generation will take a little longer.
- The enable_64_bit flag has been removed and replaced by the force_32_bit flag. You should run the 64-bit client if at all possible. The 64-bit client is faster and supports larger towns. We will optimize the memory footprint for both clients in the future.