Stonehearth not Launching from steam. Even viewer info attached!


The game does not launch, after pressing play, the popup from steam which says the game is launching shows up, after which the play button immediately becomes available again and the game doesnt launch at all.

No crash reports are generated/ No Stonehearth.log or Crash.dmp file gets generated.
After some digging in the event viewer i have found this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
  • 10.0 19042 (0x65): Windows 10 Home Core 19041.985.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406 985 Multiprocessor Free X64 1043
  • APPCRASH Stonehearth.exe 5c33bcc7 LIBEAY32.dll 57294976 c0000005 0000000000003763
  • 10.0.19042. 2067 0ca8 0ca81e1e9dfe2086aa7f4549ba4f8672 0555 0555b132c77c714bafe98e46355aed10
  • 7542EF56-B481-4CA6-8F13-4FD56FC8824B To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M. P1.10 1619771366 1601-01-02T21:02:32Z -01:00
  • 0
  • 0a659201-772a-4113-8793-0ac124dd7c3b 2021-05-29T14:17:27Z

So as far is a see, somethign is wrong with the Libeay32.dll file? Anyway, i have no idea what to do to get the game started while i REALLY want to play this.

Versions and Mods:

Playing the latest version, no mods.

System Information:
Windows 10, Nvidea GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics card, external monitor

All the steps from the crash thread have already been tried an bear no succes, so I’m at a bit of a loss here.

Anyway thank you guys so much for your help!

I noticed the full info from the xmlfile did not go through and i seem to be unable to put it in text here.

Due to being a new user i also can’t upload the file so if anyone knows how i can deliver this file, please let me know!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
	<Product>(0x65): Windows 10 Home</Product>
	<Flavor>Multiprocessor Free</Flavor>



	<SystemManufacturer>To Be Filled By O.E.M.</SystemManufacturer>
	<SystemProductName>To Be Filled By O.E.M.</SystemProductName>



Managed to send it all!

Have you tried starting at 32 bits? This solution was the same problem as the previous one. I suggest you look into the forums a little bit​:relaxed::wink::hugs:

Hey there!

I had this issue a small bit ago and found a way to fix it! Full info here:

But to make life easier, go into your Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth folder and you can either go through the coding/messing with files (long and a little effort) to get the game to run in 32bit or just straight up delete the 64x folder. Deleting the folder is safe and fixes the issue.

The issue is that the 64bit game has an issue with something within the 2020 windows 10 update, I’ve been trying to figure out what is within the 64x folder that disagrees with windows but hasn’t found an answer yet. The difference between 32bit and 64bit is how fast the game lodes things like saves, maps, new game, etc, and that’s all.