Steam A8 to A9 (dev 2283) Conversion Issue / Crash On Save

She just asking the Dev’s to give a instructions point on Humble or offer it in some form or fashion to people that DL’ed from somewhere other then steam. So they know to DL’ed from steam and keep it update through steam. To make life easy for others.

2 Likes

Nope. Actually I did delete the original non-steam version. I’m telling you the saved games were there when I revved it up after downloading the Steam version. You don’t have to believe me but I downloaded my humble bundle version directly to my gaming hard drive in it’s own folder, not into Steam, why would I do that when it wasn’t a steam game to start with?

I am not a technical guru by any means and I don’t know if saved games are stores locally in your profile somehow or not (like Sims 3 and other games do) and it tried to access that weirdly with the Steam version, I do not know. Again, I can’t go back and look because I wiped everything out entirely and started over only with the Steam download so none of the original offending files are anywhere that I know of as I deleted all Humble Bundle files and Steam files and started over.

But anyways, I’m pretty tired of trying to defend my points because it’s likely something just got glitched up that was entirely preventable if I’d have deleted everything properly the first time around. I promise I’m not the last to make the mistake. Its fine to delete this entire thread if it’s not useful to the community.

1 Like

Also for what it’s worth - and a good place to end this thread (or merge parts) is here:

Same exact issue I had but seemingly only related to the 64-bit thing though through that long thread there’s a lot of mention of Steam downloads too. I don’t know if they’re correlated or not. But they are putting out updates so fast this topic is already outdated.

Edit: Actually the original poster’s issue is not what I had but there were several replies in that long thread which did fit the same problem I had on trying to save and it freezing / crashing at that point. I’d say it wasn’t related to the Humble Bundle to Steam issue at all except that’s when the crashing appeared for me - maybe it was coincidental. If I downloaded the Steam version only, no problem.

1 Like

What your issue was, that you had Humble version, which isn’t fully updated and when you updated steams, it conflicted. Causing the save crash and what causes the Black screen for that guy. When and if this happens again, just completely remove the version, and do a full reinstall (which you know now ). Becareful of Mods too, as this can cause this to happen too. Lastly, all saved games are store here or should be here:

Computer>(C:)>Program files (x86)>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Stonehearth>Saved_games (If you want to try and move you saves to a new location just in case you have to reinstall, then put them back)

To access any mods: (to delete or move)

Computer>(C:)>Program files (x86)>Steam>Steamapps>Common>Stonehearth>mods

To access your Screenshots:

Computer>(C:)>Program files (x86)>Steam>userdata> (whatever #>whaterver #)>remote>(whatever #)>screenshots

1 Like