Shields what is up with those?

That is ok, just the folder, it is easier.

ok, not sure if that way is a good idea but is not the problem right now xD
i believe you might have your shield.json with the wrong pathing to the shield.qb
in the stonehearth.log you should be able to check this by looking at errors

but again i never have touched a json file at all so if the wooden_shield workers then so should mine when i replace it.

i’m sure you changed the name of the wooden_shield.qb to something like old (probably this is what you said earlier xD)
and then in it’s place you have your elven_shield.qb right?
then the wooden_shield.json is trying to go for wooden_shield.qb which doesn’t exist anymore.
try renaming your elven_shield.qb by wooden_shield.qb (or the name that should be there)
aand that’s why shour shield is equipped but invisible

no no i rename my Elven shield to wooden_shield so the json file will find MY shield

ohh crap… fail xDDD

Do you have file extensions visible?

as i said above it works for the Mini version but not the Equipped

then check the names… might be some wrong letter over there

Bruno saddly i still run off Windows 7 ultimate so i do not have the View section :frowning:

Regardless thanks to you i was able to at least see a picture of what my shield looks like in game and it lines up with one of the ideas i had but i still need to see it in motion from many angles and in many positions.

The idea is to show file extensions to make sure you have it all correct. If you already have file extensions visible, you can ignore this

in that case yea i think i already have it by default.

hmmm, could you upload a pic of the file in the folder?
just to discard a typo (like wodoen_shield or wooden_sheild)
also int the stonehearth log check if this is over there:
Invalid file path

Oh, another thing, it is a good idea to start the game again to see the model changes.

1 Like

AH i got it working! i think it was the conflict of an Old folder compared to the updated game.

1 Like

Tho bruno can i get your Opinion? Which do you think would look better for the shield at the size? being help like it is in your picture? or being held like a normal Tower shield from top to bottom? Keep in mind it will be used by an Eleven Tank style job.

I ask you the same question that i just asked Bruno ^

Sorry, I know nothing about shields :stuck_out_tongue:
The only thing I did in my entire life about the topic was this turtle shield for the archipelago mod :smile:

hmmm i think there will be playing the animation too
in the base game they carry the shield horizontally during patroll
20180701225819_1

and then it changes to a vertically carried one when in combat
20180701230001_1

so your shield in the current state will be laying at one side during combat like my patroll one
(i’m NOT just showing stuff xD just joking, don’t take it that serious haha)

in other words, the lower tip of your shield will probably be too close of the weapon hand

1 Like