Shepherd wont restock/feed animals

Everytime I start my game I get this error and my shepherd wont feed the animals. I have food and he is set to only do his job. This is the error, it seems related.

release-949 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:559: table index is nil
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	stonehearth/services/server/ai/ai_service.lua:559: in function 'filter_from_key'
	.../ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:58: in function '_on_feed_changed'
	.../ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:44: in function <.../ai/actions/wait_for_empty_pasture_trough_action.lua:37>
	[C]: in function 'start_thinking'
	stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:102: in function '_start_stop_thinking'
	stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:175: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:174>
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'trigger'
	radiant/modules/events.lua:63: in function '_update'
	radiant/server.lua:67: in function <radiant/server.lua:64>
2 Likes

got the same problem

1 Like

Same here. Wanted to start a dairy farm burt all my cows just keep on dying! I only depend on grass to feed my animals!

1 Like

How do you copy and paste the error? because I got something similar

0 Likes

Hello everyone! ACE knows about this problem and we are currently working on solving the issue. Sorry about the trouble you’re having!

4 Likes

I just used the copy to clipboard and then pasted in a Preformatted text (Ctrl + Shift + c) on windows.

0 Likes

Oh didn’t realize it was an ACE bug sorry to post in general support. Is there any workaround, if not that’s fine.

0 Likes

Currently experiencing the same problem. No error message, but the shepherd isn’t feeding - subsequently the shepherd is also not advancing experience and can no longer get to level 2 to the stage of making poyo/sheep pastures.

0 Likes

if you have debug tools you can probaly paste down some food with those.
otherwise, i’d use a difference strategy to feed my town untill ACE fixes it :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

This bug is fixe on the newest ACE version but you should probably have to demote (promote to worker) and then promote your shepherd again for it to work!

You might also need to replace your troughs :merry:

Sorry about that!

Let us know if it works then and if not, make sure you do have the updated 0.9.3.2 version and report it on the ACE thread :heart:

4 Likes