My seep are starving

Summary:
my sheep are starving. I have sheep feed but my shepherd does not feed them
Steps to reproduce:

1. have seep
  2. have a shepherd
  3. have sheep feed

Expected Results:
sheep to not be starving all the time. shephard feeding them when they are hungry.
Actual Results:
my sheep are starving. shephard does not feed the sheep.
Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Release-766
System Information:

Thanks for reporting the bug! Assuming the issue persists after a reload, can you please include your savegame to help us debug the issue?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual saveā€™s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1512935567906.zip (8.3 MB)
I did reload already and it didnā€™t do anything.
after I reload the sheep donā€™t have the hungry thing above their heads. but their health goes down because they are starving to death. so my cleric is always over there healing them.

I noticed that with the last build a bit ā€¦ I had to uncheck the haul button so only ā€˜jobā€™ was checked and that seemed to help a fair bit

what I noticed is that when ā€˜haulā€™ was checked they were too busy picking items up and putting them into stockpiles because that was closer then the pens ( I had sheep and poyos) and the animals in the pens were starving too often

Thanks for that savegame! It has revealed a fairly serious bug in how we treat saved data. Weā€™ll fix it for the next unstable release.

2 Likes

later that same game my shepherd started doing the same thing with the chickens.
i was able to fix it by getting rid of the animal pasture then placing it down again

I am having the same problem and can upload my save if it matters. I unchecked ā€œhaulā€ from my shepherd, who (relatively) promptly delivered a bag of feed to my sheep. They didnā€™t get a chance to eat it, however, since one of my workers immediately arrived to take the bag back to storage.

Time to add a trough, folks.

Sorry to double-post, but just to suggest:
I donā€™t think animal feed should be made by Cooks. Trust me, as a farmer, preparing feed for my animals is really not the same as cooking for my friends. It would help clarify what the Shepherd does and it would be great if food was separated out into its own storage item so that it could be kept in its own bin near your pastures or something. Might make it easier to keep a trough supplied that way.

1 Like