Shepherd Hearthling stuck IN the ground while looking for cows?

1492275915778.rar (8.9 MB)

here you go. it’s very frustrating honestly.

um… idk if its just me but i cant find anything in the walls…

i said in the ground…not in the walls…

i ment ground sorry xD
Just didnt wanna retype that message cuz im lazy…

Hey there @Kitkat_Matt, what mods are you running? I’m going to need to download them myself in order to test this. When trying to load the save it crashes, and I’m seeing at least one mod (HOMF) mentioned in the log after it crashes.

##As far as i know this is the only one

So you’re not running Hearthlings of Many Faces?

I said as far as i know xD not i know every mod

Besides i dont have that and i can get in it

I wasn’t trying to be accusatory - doing my best to try and get this loaded so I can test it.

After installing the Archipelago mod, I was able to get it loaded (with 39 engine errors). Based on the engine errors, you’re also running:

• Relyss’s Slab mod
  • stonehearth_expanded
  • Settlement Decor
  • My doorway mod

When dealing with bug reports, it’s really critical that we get a list of mods as they’re not only needed in many cases to load the save, but they can also affect the game masking whether the bug is in Stonehearth itself, or the mod.

I loaded the save, and the Shepherd does not appear stuck…

Try the updated version of cafe mod. From what I read there, those stuck shepherds were a bug in there, and it got fixed in the new version of the mod.

i’ll go down the list, the mods i have activated and anything specific about them to note

MRContainers: i only use them as decorations and nothing more as i always seem to have issues with them being used as actual storage containers.

Archipelago Biome: i have the latest version of it which is made for A21

Better StockPiles: Also have the latest version that’s been updated for A21 i believe

Canyon Biome: i haven’t seen an update for the absolute most recent build of A21 but i believe it came out FOR A21 regardless (not presently being played on when i got this error however)

Coalsmelting: i have the latest version tho i don’t think it was for A21 specifically, HOWEVER it seems to work perfectly fine with the latest build regardless

desert Transition temperate: installed it to see what it was like but don’t presently play on it.

DU Tracker: i have the latest version, the UI change works just fine in the current build.

Grove Biome: also not presently being played on but seems to work just fine

HOMF (many faces): i have the latest version of it, it’s made for A21 i believe, and it works perfectly fine. However you will take note that the mod is listed in the mod list as “key’stonehearth:homf (en)’ returned object instead of string”

Jomaxro’s Doorways: i haven’t seen an update in a while, however the version i have functions with out errors.

Patrol Mod: i haven’t been using it all that much honestly but nothing comes up related to it in the error logs.

Season Mod: i haven’t actually seen it effecting the trees honestly but then again i guess that would be the case when playing on Archipelago which is the map i’m currently playing.

Settlement Decor: i have the latest version it works just fine.

Smart Cart(small Cart) nothing seems to be amiss tho i mostly use it as decoration

Smart Crafter: i have the latest update to it, no errors have come up directly referencing it.

stonehearth Expanded: It seems to work just fine in it’s current version tho anything is possible with this one as i’ve had errors related to it in the past.

terrain colors: i haven’t seen an update for it recently, but it seems to work fine.

unit Frame Activity mod: i haven’t seen an update for it in a while but nothing seems to be not working with it. could be wrong tho.

and honestly i was doing multiple things, crafting, building, and mining back to back. i move so quickly with everything that it’s hard to tell exactly what i was doing when the error came up as i tend to ignore the errors when they first appear and wait until my current queue of tasks are done before looking at it.strong text

1 Like

Ah, my apologies @WarLink, I forgot that you didn’t report the bug…I was going back and forth with a couple of topics - got confused.

@Kitkat_Matt, do you have a save where the shepherd is stuck?

the shep is stuck right next to the town on the side of the mountain the picture at the top should give it away but i guess not.

1 Like

The sheep…the title said shepherd. Let me look again.

Edit: it’s a cow…I’m going to need to add stonehearth expanded as that’s where the cow is coming from (and why I can’t see it!

OK @Kitkat_Matt, I’ve loaded in Stonehearth Expanded so the cow is in the game. I still can’t find a cow anywhere. Can you provide a more zoomed out screenshot of where the cow is stuck? Also, are you positive you game me the correct save? I don’t see any cow pastures…

well firstly yes it requires stonehearth expanded as it’s listed in the mods above.

secondly i’m PRETTY sure that’s the right save. it was the last one i had from that town. the cow itself isn’t stuck. once again, the title of the subject is SHEPHERD stuck in ground. it’s not the cow thats stuck. it’s the hearthling that’s stuck. the cow pasture hasn’t been properly made because the shepherd can’t GET OUT OF THE GROUND TO RETURN TO WHERE I PLACED THE ZONE FOR THE COWS.

and it seems as tho i didn’t actually save the game with the shepherd stuck so i’ll have to reproduce the issue.

1 Like

So I did read correctly the first time. When you wrote “shep” I thought it was a typo for sheep, not a shortened spelling of shepherd.

In any case, here’s where I see the shepherd when I load the save. Does not appear to be stuck:

Edit:

Gotcha, that would explain my confusion. Sorry for all the trouble!

yes ok so i was able to reproduce the issue, kinda.

basically any time i place down the cow pasture the shepherd goes over to the cow it finds, whistles at it, then kinda gets stuck in place wherever it is as if trying to get to a place it can’t actually get to?

1 Like

OK, let me make a pasture quickly…