Shepherd doesn't do anything

Shepherd led one Poyo to coop and then he just stopped and didn’t do anything after that. He is just standing in the middle of pasture.

I’ve just encountered this error tonight - three times within 5 minutes - NOT when mining! Same hearthling. I had just promoted him from a master trapper to a shepherd. Made a pen for chickens - he finds a chicken, brings it back to the pen, then the citizen menu says he’s “claiming animal”, however he’s just standing there studdering.

Here’s what I did - after the first error, killed the chicken (first one he caught). He “unstuck” and went and found another chicken.

The same error occurred again - killed this chicken, also. Hearthling unstuck.

After the third error (same again), I tried something different - I marked the chicken he was stuck on for harvesting and then canceled the request. He moved on, and has since brought 2 new chickens in without issue.

Given that this error kept popping, I thought I’d check the forums.

Here’s the report info if it would help… (only thing that seemed to change between all 3 was the chicken’s id number)

develop-3181 (x64)
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:577: (54716 Taan Dakis) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: destination (9624349 stonehearth:poyo) is no longer valid at start.
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:577: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:535>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:535: in function '_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function 'xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function 'xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function 'f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

Did you happen to make a save while this error was occurring?

Sadly, no, auto-save wrote over the last auto-save. If it happens again, I’ll be sure to make a fresh save.

Just happened again with the same hearthling/shepherd. I saved immediately after because he’s still acting oddly - “claiming animal” is stuck in the citizen menu and he’s “jittery”. about 2 mins after the save, he walks away to eat and seems fine. How to send the save file?

…And 6 minutes into the save, the second shepherd I made has the same error.

2 Likes

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

Let’s do this instead :slight_smile: hope this helps! http://puu.sh/rUQm2/d9adb3daea.zip

2 Likes

Me too! One of the devs (like @Albert) will review it and see what they can find - thanks!

I didn’t save while this bug happen, but here is the save file.

I’ve got two instances of it within a short timespan. 10spins and 10spins2. Just by fast-forwarding on the first save, the second was achieved (without any major change, especially to the shepherd).

Instance 1:

develop-3181 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:577: (545525 Leona Umbro) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: destination (2595229 stonehearth:poyo) is no longer valid at start.
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:577: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:535>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/common.lua:257: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:535: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’

Instance 2:

develop-3181 (x64)[M]
@stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:577: (545525 Leona Umbro) has not yielded after 10 ai spins. Are they in a bad state? Last abort reason: destination (316330 stonehearth:rabbit) is no longer valid at start.
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function ‘report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function ‘verify’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:535: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’

saved_games.7z (6.6 MB)

3 Likes