Series of instructional videos?

I have done a few videos on stonehearth (mainly spotlights) and they went down quite well.
This makes me think that clearly people are enjoying SH content and it got me to thinking about making a series of instructional videos on SH to showcase its various features in detail like mining and building etc…

What do you guys think? would you watch and or appreciate it or lump it as spam?

It got me thinking as i know there are lots of these mini clip style instruction videos on MC that people rely on. Making content like this, although rewarding takes a lot of time and if its going to get a negative reaction then i wouldn’t want to upset anyone thats all…

Also let me know if you are doing anything similar :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Indeed I would watch it. :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Cool! I will probably put it together at any rate but might not upload it. Also i wouldn’t wan’t to spam the forums as i know that can get super annoying so would probably just make the one thread and update it etc…

1 Like

I would totally watch it! In all honesty I’m not too great at the game, and I think I’ve only gotten to the late game on one settlement. I mean, I’m not dying or anything, I don’t think I’ve ever actually had a hearthling die before, I just give up very easily, haha.

Plus, tutorials are so weirdly satisfying to watch. I have no idea why.

4 Likes

You will need to talk loudly for me to hear what you’re saying. The captions don’t really help because they’re usually wrong.

I have watched several videos, including the video on the herbalist and I can’t hear them. If you want to add a summary to the wiki that would be really great.

http://stonehearth.gamepedia.com/Getting_started

Like the devs added a summary to their herbalist video.

yeah no problem. I balance my audio quite well these days.
Also having a full transcript in the description might be a great idea as well as associated to the wiki.

All great ideas

2 Likes

@jollins, if you decide to make these videos and write a full transcript, it would be great if you would put it up on the Stonehearth Wiki http://stonehearth.gamepedia.com.

3 Likes

yeah no problem. Will do :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

for some reason i cant add any of the videos to the wiki. not even a text link. It just gives me an error. Any thoughts?

Well, what is the error? What page are you trying to add them to (or are you creating a new page)? What is your username (on the wiki), I can check the logs…

the username is jollins and it just said there was a problem and i should try logging in and out again. was adding a link to the mining page. BTW can i embed videos to the pages?

Well, I don’t see anything in the logs…and you should be able to embed videos. Let me see who we did it on the main page.

Edit:

OK, so this appears to be the source code for embedding a video: {{#ev:youtube|QSWrOipkwTA|550}}. You should just need to replace the text between the | with the cooresponding text for the video you want. 550 is the width, so you can change that as you see fit. Let me know if you still have issues.

1 Like

this is the error i am getting;

Sorry! We could not process your edit due to a loss of session data. Please try again. If it still does not work, try logging out and logging back in.

It’s the same as before

Hmm…I am not sure. Let me shoot an email of to the wiki folk and I will get back to you (likely not until Monday at the earliest). What browser are you using? Do you have cookies disabled?

just using chrome and cookies are chomping away

btw here is the vid if you want to add it

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for the link. I will see if I can add it, but will also email support for you.

So no editing issues for me…will update when I hear back from support.

I gave you a like here because I’m not signed up to anyplace like google, utube, facebook, or twitter. I just sign up to game message boards.

Thanks for making the video! The subtitles were right and not wrong. You also spoke very clear.

1 Like

thanks for the feedback. It does seem like something people are after with the subtitles. I will make sure that all these vids are the same. I’m rather ill at the moment so unable to speak but as soon as im right as rain i will resume :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

@jollins, just heard back from support. Here is what they said. Let me know if it works for you!

So, I’ve spoken with a few wiki managers that have encountered the problem. We don’t know what’s causing it, so I’ll go ahead and put in a ticket with our dev team. In the meantime, one of the wiki managers said: It’ll clear up if you load another page in another tab/window and then go back and try to save again.

From my understanding, it happens when you’re behind a VPN or taking too long when making an edit.

Can you see if the quick fix above works for the user? I’ll update you if I receive anymore news on why this is happening.

hmm perhaps its because i have Hola! installed for netflix. Will find out next time i suppose :slightly_smiling:

1 Like