I need you! hearthlians?!

Hey there! I’m Zigworf.
I really love Stonehearth and I’ve been creating videos of my gameplay for a while now but haven’t quite got the views I was expecting.

So I NEED YOU to help me out and tell what I need to change! So how about it?

The more recent videos are better than the older ones.

Here’s my latest series:

And here’s my alpha 12 series:

Post your feedback here please.

2 Likes

I don’t see what’s wrong with your videos, there excellent! But, after looking at your channel, you have a low diversity of types of games that you play, and you’re fairly new. May I recommend that you play a few more new, popular titles that not many Youtubers have posted a video on yet. I would take a look around the web for new hyped up games that are coming out soon, and try and play them as soon as they come out (it’s a good way of boosting your popularity). Also (if you would like me to, I could make you a banner/profile pic, or maybe even an intro). Also, try and make your video thumbnails different to the other ones, as some seem to look the same. Take a dynamic screen shot of something that looks cool in your video. One more thing, if your comfortable with it, it’s sometimes good to have a web camera so that the viewers can see your reactions.

PS I just subscribed :wink:

I hope that I’ve helped!

1 Like

As @SpagBolChomper said, your videos do seem to be pretty good but your channel in general is lacking in variety, while some do well with a concentration on certain games (Direwolf20 with Minecraft for instance), it usually only works well when you’re doing something unique or playing a game relatively few others are playing.

Although I disagree with the facecam idea, that’s a lot more common on Twitch or other streaming sites and one of several reasons I personally tend to avoid streaming sites.

That’s +2 subscribers now though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@SpagBolChomper thanks for the tips! :smiley:
I plan to play a few more games… But a lot of games are huge time consumers when it comes to producing video for them, like minecraft. So i may play Kingdom in the same style in which i play Stonehearth: Record every day of the game.

I’ve noticed that intros can do both good and bad for a youtuber sometimes they are nice and well made and really peak your curiosity, but then there are a lot that put you off before you start. So i wouldn’t like an intro, Thank you though! :slightly_smiling:

Oh and thanks for subscribing! :smiley:

Banner Art?! I normally like doing things myself, but sure if you have the time and are willing to do it! :smiley:

As for webcams i am not comfortable with that kinda thing, for privacy reasons.

2 Likes

Kay, I’ll start a banner soon just to see if you like it, but I’m glad I could help! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I forgot to say Thankyou for subscribing! :smiley: Cool!
I’m glad you helped! I get only tiny bits of feedback normally! Your feedback was very helpful and constructive! Thank you both! @SpagBolChomper @Neronix17

1 Like

@Neronix17 this whole youtube thing for me is a part experiment and part fun! :smiley: It’s always fun, but a lot of work too.
And this experiment only works with the help of my audience or people who are willing to give me critical feedback! Thank you so much for helping! :smiley: And the subscription! :smiley:
I started off playing just minecraft… But now i play mostly Stonehearth and a bit of minecraft, because minecraft takes a long time to record.

1 Like

Yeah I tried it myself a while ago and stopped due to the time it takes to do post-recording stuff, even when there was next to no cuts or editing needed it took quite some time to do.

Have you thought about streaming too? There’s quite a few YouTubers now who set an evening aside for streaming once or twice a week, so if you have the time, internet quality and confidence to do stuff live then it can be worth doing as it attracts new people who will likely sub to your YT if they like your stream. It takes a little bit of initial setup but after that it’s maybe a few minutes at most to get the stream set up each time.

1 Like

I’ll consider it. :slight_smile: Right now i have no definite time that i know i can record. And no definite time i know i would be able to stream. So i’ll probably stick to non-live stuff. :slight_smile: Or maybe i’ll stream some of my “off camera” minecraft stuff… I dunno, thanks for sparking that thought in my head! :smiley: