Scaffolding Bug - causing contruction to stop?

release-610 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:652: attempt to index field ‘_owning_scaffolding’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:652: in function ‘_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:201: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:194>

release-610 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

This is the message I get when construction on my two stories building stopped.

Welcome to the forum, @Gummiballen :slight_smile:

Can you upload your savefile or your building template so we can take a look?

Templates are saved in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates
and savefiles are in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

If the zipped files are too big, you can use a free hosting site like Google Drive, Dropbox or Filedropper and then share the link here. Thanks for reporting!

Wow, fast response.
Here is the save file: Dropbox - 1473008799656.rar

1 Like

Relyss has no life outside of this forum :smiley:

2 Likes

I was getting the same error messages but from when I load into the saved game I had. If I remember right the one, second floor build I have was completed with no issues. Then later I saved the map for later play that day. When I got a chance later to play I loaded up the game map with bug reports below. (I would link the save but I got frustrated and deleted it… Sorry) :confounded:
----------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 of 2--------------------------------------------------
develop-3116 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:714: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:714: in function ‘_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:227: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:220>

------------------------------------------------------------2 of 2 --------------------------------------------
develop-3116 (x64)
c++ exception: lua runtime error
stack traceback:

Thanks ahead of time.

I also had a problem with scaffolding but my building managed to complete itself. But the Hearthlings could not remove the scaffolding after, and when I deleted the building I got another error:

develop-3131 (x64)
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:778: attempt to index field ‘_owning_scaffolding’ (a nil value)
stack traceback:
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:778: in function ‘_wait_for_destroying_ladders’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:739: in function ‘_start_erasing’
…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:227: in function <…hearth/components/scaffolding/scaffolding_region.lua:220>

I have 2 very similar templates, and I don’t remember which one actually caused the problem. But I uploaded them both here: Dropbox - walls.zip

1 Like

I was playing on a save file I used for the current alpha 17 and when I got to a point that I felt comfortable with expanding beyond my town walls, I started putting blueprints everywhere.

But things quickly turned sour for me as I came to the conclusion that my hearthlings didn’t build scaffolding to continue building the building I wanted them to build.

Result? A lot of half-finished buildings around my town and the look of the town in ruins.

The only way I could make the hearthlings build was by manually placing ladder every 2 blocks or so.

I think what happened was that I saved and quit during the construction of the building, but is that seriously enough to fk up the game and my save file?

I uploaded the errors I got every time I started the save file…

HELP PLEASE!

Hearthlings forgot how to build scaffolding.txt (1.7 KB)