Save and reload exploit

I’ve noticed if you save your game every morning and aren’t happy with your new villagers stats, you can re-roll by reloading your save. Also works if you’re not happy with an event.

Recommend compulsory save on events and villagers.

Let me go ahead and welcome you to the forum first! :smiley:

As for the “exploit”? With the loading times, I don’t really think, this is a problem, though I have to agree that it’s generally better and more stable, if the generation is deterministic (already thinking of multiplayer/network code here ^^).

1 Like

I actually haven’t had many problems regarding loading times… Or maybe I’m just that darn patient :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve maybe just arrived at the good time :slightly_smiling:
Just wait for 1-2 weeks and you’ll not have to be patient anymore… normally :grin:

I don’t tend to think of single player games where you have a save on demand option to be ‘exploitable’ as that’s always been the case - player’s choice. And who are we exploiting against? Ourselves. :wink: In a multiplayer mode, I’m guessing it would be more RTS style with no saves during mid ‘turn’ since obviously you’d be online and all determinations and outcomes would be running live.

4 Likes