Ryya's Bastion City - Community help! (Pixel art request!)

Hello there,

So I’m still working on my city for Ryya’s children, in this there will be a small combat area that leads to the large temple, highlighting the back of the combat area I’m looking to make a pixel wall display with the dimensions of: 10 blocks high by 64 blocks across.

Some ideas I had was maybe 62 divided by 3 (One column on each side as a boarder) depicting three different things, a sword, a clay pot, then a gourd, or another of a sword, the sun and then some water? I don’t know, I’m not good at pixel art so that’s what I’m asking for. :slight_smile:

ADDITION - I’ve got here two templates -

First template is 10 blocks up, 64 across, this is to cover the whole wall

Second template is 12 blocks up, 11 across, these are meant to be smaller, specific mosaics, if not on this wall, I WILL add them around my town, as it’s in theme with their tiling!

Template 1 (large)
Mosiac template 10h64l.zip (622 Bytes)

Template 2 (smaller, specific mosiac)
mosiac template 12h11L.zip (637 Bytes)

Thank you very much and looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Examples -
Template 2 (Smaller, specific)

Template 1, the whole wall.

3 Likes

To add on that - I’m thinking bold colors, maybe simply dark red clay and tan clay, with the lighter tone of red for detail? But I’m no expert, use your discretion. :smiley:

1 Like

hmm… i might try my hand at doing something for this, dont expect anything amazing from me though, i’m a terrible pixel artist :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another way to adress it is mosaic?

@jomaxro

I felt special when you liked my stuff - now I just know you like every thing! :frowning: /betrayed /unloved. >;D

1 Like

Here’s my attempt so far - not really in the style I’m after, but it’s something.

5 Likes

This is more in tone with my idea - but doesn’t fit my own set parameters, but I think it’s something I can adapt it around?

4 Likes

@jomaxro

Is there a way for me to upload a template onto this thread to give people the blank canvas to do the mosaics?

Absolutely!

In order to upload a building template:

1. Save your build as a template in game.
  2. Open your game directory. Default location for a Steam install is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth Default location for a Humble install is C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\
  3. Navigate to the building templates stored in \saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates
  4. Locate the .json file for your template. For example, if you wanted to upload the “Clay Dining Room” template, find clay dining room.json.
  5. Compress the .json file to a .zip file.
  6. Right click the file you wish to zip.
  7. Left click Send to.
  8. Left click Compressed (zipped) folder
  9. Hit enter on your keyboard.
  10. Upload the file to this thread in the Discourse by clicking the upload button in the editor and navigating to the file, or drag the file into the editor with your mouse.
3 Likes

Done it and edited it to the main post.

1 Like