Rivers mod šŸ—ŗ

I can attest that it has some really nice results, and encourage for you to play around with the various settings; my first, over enthusiastic pass, I may have thoroughly flooded my plains biome. Recolour it, change the plants, I could probably make a flood plains biome out of itā€¦

3 Likes

@BrunoSupremo hey bruno, talking about biomeā€™s we have water, but no lava. could someone mis-use water in a hacky way to get lava?

er, recolor it to be red and intransparent.

if it was that easy, inb4 someone makes erebus/the underworld/

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen someone try that before ā€¦ it was probably @BrunoSupremo. But if it happened it was a long time ago, so I donā€™t remember the details.

1 Like

Yes, here:

Now it is even easier. In your biome, at landscape.water.color, change its value to something like #cc4422. Done.
The swamp water is brown and opaque, so it is not really something new either.

3 Likes

thats prety cool actually. no mixed fluids though i guess?
no water2 to recollor and keep the normal one water-y :wink: ?

No, that is simple a recolor of the basic water.

fair enough. still prety cool that its possibleā€¦only downside would be hearthlings would still try to swim in it ;ā€™)

3 Likes

omg update with the code added to my world_gen makes my biome look AMAZING! Thanks @BrunoSupremo

8 Likes

I need that biome. That looks amazing

1 Like

I pushed it for @OwlGo to add into the standalone version on the workshop. Enjoy :wink:

2 Likes

Which biome is that?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1379759521

2 Likes

Totally gonna give it a spin :slight_smile:

1 Like

wait like 20 minutes or so while Owl actually updated the workshop mod to have the rivers bit in it. Then of course as long as you have this Rivers mod it will work just fine

1 Like

And @BrunoSupremo feel free to delete our conversation if you need :wink: apologies for flooding this post :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Iā€™ll wait till the rivers mod is also on the workshop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just started my first go with the Northern Alliance in the Misty Woods, rivers mod and giant map enabled, and got this error in the map generation screen:

Summary

release-874 (x64)[M]
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/seasons/seasons_service.lua:129: variable ā€˜season_configā€™ is not declared
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ā€˜errorā€™
radiant/lib/strict.lua:31: in function <radiant/lib/strict.lua:29>
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/seasons/seasons_service.lua:129: in function ā€˜_load_season_configā€™
ā€¦nehearth/services/server/seasons/seasons_service.lua:36: in function <ā€¦nehearth/services/server/seasons/seasons_service.lua:35>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ā€˜triggerā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:55: in function ā€˜triggerā€™
ā€¦server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:105: in function ā€˜_setup_biome_dataā€™
ā€¦server/world_generation/world_generation_service.lua:58: in function ā€˜create_new_gameā€™
ā€¦vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:143: in function ā€˜create_new_worldā€™
ā€¦vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:178: in function <ā€¦vices/server/game_creation/game_creation_service.lua:162>

Only other mod Iā€™m using is Lostems but that shouldnā€™t interfere here. Only guessing it has to do with either rivers or giant map. Mybe itā€™s the game itself, not sure.

Neither. It is the biome fault.
No. Wait, I need to update the giant mod too. Nope, I was correct, just the biome fault.

2 Likes