Region offsets on one occasion while rotating

Hi!

I’m trying to create this small plant garden, but I don’t know what I’m missing here. The garden holds inside of the region perfectly, but offsets while facing one of the direction. The model seem to hold in place fine. Can somebody give me a tip, please?

The red dot is the mouse.

1 Like

It looks cute :blush:

I had some similar issues with objects I created, I’m unsure if it is your case but I’ve found that saving them centered causes more issues than when you save them aligned with the grid inside the software (I use qubicle)
It always fails on 1 or 2 directions even if set it to align to grid. Is your object’s model centered on the absolute center or on the center of a tile (where the red is)?

Have you tried tweaking it with the entity manager inside the game? (With debugtools) as well? I also found out from experience that it is the best way to perfectly check and correct regions and collision :slightly_smiling_face: and then just copy the .json it provides

1 Like

Thanks! :merry:

The model is inside a cube of 40x40x20 I use MagicaVoxel. I tweaked it to have the mouse cursor aligned on that voxel.

I did not realize we have an entity manager inside the game! I have to try that! Thanks!

1 Like

It is really useful :slight_smile:
You can edit the collision and all other regions on the spot and refresh for immediate changes, turn it around to test all sides, add or remove any other collisions, destination, etc…

Once you tweaked it enough and it is perfect, click to “Show json” and copy the information to paste on your actual file :slight_smile:

That’s usually how I end up tweaking and fine tuning objects since I always mess up the numbers outside the game :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a LOT! That makes it so much easier :jubilant:

I have another wierd thing though, I guess this is just a cosmetic issue, but the icon for actions is very much off center. Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

The icon appear in the center. You said you are using magica, in that software everything is shifted to a corner. That is why the icon is there. Using other softwares, like voxelshop or goxel you can really make the object center, which is way easier to position in the game (you then only need to shift half block to align to the grid when using even blocks)

1 Like

I see… It appears that I won’t easily fix this by just loading the model into VoxelShop. Even though I have exported it anew, the center stayed fixed into the corner.

What I do is importing it there. move it to the center, export. Then in a new game I use the debug tools to align it and check all rotations

2 Likes

If you wish you could send me the model and I can re-export it centered for you :slight_smile:

edit: ^ or the smarter solution above :blush:

1 Like

Thank you @BrunoSupremo and @DaniAngione, you are both very sweet :blush: I’ll try it one more time.

1 Like